Another period question! LOL Sorry guys....

DarcyMad
on 8/11/11 12:15 am - Cedar Park, TX
OK so for the first time EVER in my life as a "woman" I've had 2 periods in a month!  I recall posts on post-op periods and estrogen and fat loss but I can't recall what that does to your period.  I'd think it would make it go away?  Maybe I'm wrong but what are your experiences?  It could also very well be that I'm in the early stages of menopause...yay I think!  I'm pretty sure a blood test can confirm that.

My regular period was its normal self but then, two weeks later, I had a short but heavy period.  It lasted maybe 3 days.  I'm 9 mos out now and am down 97 pounds (watch out century club!) but have had regular periods since my surgery.  I've also been in a stall for a good month or so but dropped some weight in the last few days.

Suggestions?  Experiences?
DarcyMad
Surgery Date:  11/15/2010
Jewel506 is my Angel!    Angel to Kristi (Momx4)
Anything that is, or was, began as a dream - Lavagirl 

sdld2001
on 8/11/11 12:44 am - Summerville, SC
Unfortunately, it won't make it go away. When you lose fat you release the estrogen that was stored in the fat. Some have gone YEARS without a period due to PCOS and after DS get their period back.

I thought I would be a lucky one and stay regular. My periods have been regular since surgery. Last month I "thought" it was a little early but couldn't be sure because I forgot to mark the period before on my calendar. That was 2 weeks ago. Now the ***** is back again and I know for SURE the hag is early this time.

I personally wi**** all would just fall out when you're done with it. I'm not one that believes your cycles are empowering or a sign of womanhood. It's a pain in the ass and it's only good for 1 thing..having babies. I'm done with that and want to be done with this too

Oh, and no advice. Just know you're not alone.
Mindee

HW - 274 / SW - 265 / CW - 178 / GW 140          High BMI 53.5 / Current BMI 34.8  
(deactivated member)
on 8/11/11 12:45 am - Beverly, NJ
I'm hoping the vets on here will have a better answer for you. I do know that pre-op I've had double periods before and my OBGYN told me that it's from double dropping of eggs and perfectly normal. I hope that helps some.
I can tell you that having it twice in one month is the PITS. so I totally feel your pain.
Renfairewench
on 8/11/11 1:56 am
How old are you Darcy? 

I just turned 51. Prior to my last surgery in December my periods were like clockwork, then when I had my last surgery I missed several periods. I thought it was because my body was adjusting to healing and all that stuff, but I've only had two periods in 8 months. I went to the doctor and got a hormone blood test but it came back normal!  The doctor did say that hormones do fluctuate a lot during perimenopause and so the blood test isn't exactly a reliable marker.  YMMV.

HW (pre RNY) 430 HW (pre DS) 302 / SW 288 /
                          Lowest weight 157 / CW 161
GW 150
                "I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight"

DarcyMad
on 8/11/11 2:25 am - Cedar Park, TX
I'm 43.  I may be too young for menopause yet and I know it can last for years so who knows.  All I know is that I've been like clockwor****il now.  I don't have a boyfriend or anything so I'm not worried about getting pregnant but if I were active I'd be freaking out about now...lol.
DarcyMad
Surgery Date:  11/15/2010
Jewel506 is my Angel!    Angel to Kristi (Momx4)
Anything that is, or was, began as a dream - Lavagirl 

Renfairewench
on 8/11/11 3:02 am
Do you know when your mom went into menopause because that supposedly is genetically linked. That you will begin / end around the same time period. Forty three does sound a bit young though, but I know people who started perimenopause in their forties. Remember, it takes about ten years (oh joy) to get to the end, if in fact that is what is happening.

HW (pre RNY) 430 HW (pre DS) 302 / SW 288 /
                          Lowest weight 157 / CW 161
GW 150
                "I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight"

Shavonne P.
on 8/11/11 6:55 am
Can't answer the menopause question. 

I had my period the week before surgery, and didn't get it again until almost 7 weeks post op.  It was a normal period as far as days go, but just was a tad heavier than usual. 
Nothing feels better than being able to go into ANY store and fit their clothes!
Michelle B.
on 8/11/11 7:03 am - Cleveland, OH
Darcy...I have always had extremely regular periods and did after my DS until a couple of months ago.  I got it twice in one month and now every month it comes earlier and earlier and my periods are much heavier than they once were.   
   - Michelle -

HW: 315 | SW: 273 | CW: 142.2| GW: 125-130

no_more_rolls
on 8/11/11 11:41 am - Jackson, MI
I didn't have a period in over a year. I recently got my DS and I've already had 2 in 5 weeks. I also have PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome.)
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.  
DONT BE AFRAID TO FAIL......BE AFRAID NOT TO TRY! 
highest weight 313/ surgery 255 / current 185 / goal 135  Height 5'6"

(deactivated member)
on 8/15/11 2:35 pm - TX
No help here other than to say "that's weird"!   Take care Buddy!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 682 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1005 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 338 views