Bloated?

halblingefrau
on 8/24/11 6:32 pm - Flagstaff, AZ
So tonight I can't sleep.  I feel really really bloated, like I drank WAY too much fluids at once... except I didn't.  I've been sipping this evening, not gulping.  And today I've had protein shakes and some cottage cheese (I'm in the puree stage at the moment).

Any advice as to why I feel so full/bloated or how to make it feel better?  Almost feels like I have to burp REALLY BAD.

Sarah_Anne
on 8/24/11 9:39 pm
For me that means that there is too much acid in my sleeve.  Are you on an acid reducer?  
 HW 315/ SW 297 /CW 173 /GW 150, size 8/10, 5'8 tall  (Updated December 1)
Sarah_Anne
on 8/25/11 12:01 am
Also when I felt like that, the best thing I could do for myself was to try and burb.  That always relieved pressure on my sleeve and I felt sooo much better after.  (FYI excessive burping is linked to too much acid).  I would hang myself over the back of a chair or sit down at a table and put my head down.  Both of these positions usually give me some relief!  
 HW 315/ SW 297 /CW 173 /GW 150, size 8/10, 5'8 tall  (Updated December 1)
ann M.
on 8/24/11 11:11 pm - Northern, VA
Another possibility is that you may have become lactose intolerant, at least temporarily.  Many DS'ers do.  Try a couple days with no dairy or whey?  Also check the amount of sugar alcohols are in your protein shake and any sugar-free stuff you are drinking.  That could also be a culprit.

Good luck to you.

SW / BMI / SIZE:  312 / 49.5 / 26-28W         CW / BMI / SIZE:  159.1 / 25.1/ 10-12 
I need to lose about 2 more pounds for a normal BMI .  I still seem to be slowly losing at over 2 yrs out...so may get there yet.

DianaRR
on 8/24/11 11:59 pm - CA
I struggle with the bloated feeling, too. I'm a month ahead of you. It does get to be more infrequent.
Elizabeth N.
on 8/25/11 12:10 am - Burlington County, NJ
I'd blame the lactose in the cottage cheese first, the protein shake if it's a different one from usual second and too much acid in the belly third, for myself.

Try some Gas X, try to burp, try walking.

pycca
on 8/25/11 1:32 am - Haslet, TX
Like all have said, rule out any lactose, Use heavy cream instead of milk, look at your sf stuff , rule out sugar alcohol.  Take slower bites,,,at you stage you can eat/drink  to quickly too,,,LOL In LOTS of protein shakes there can be these things...

Try to burp, and do walk!!!
Ms. Cal Culator
on 8/25/11 1:43 am - Tuvalu

The cottage cheese STILL does that to me (I'm 5.5 years post-op) and the proten shake would be another suspect.  AND, if you are using saltine crackers so soothe your acidic stomach, there's the flour to consider.

halblingefrau
on 8/25/11 3:16 pm - Flagstaff, AZ
I think I've found the culprit.  It was the Iced Tea I was drinking.  Something about it (possibly caffeine although I thought it was decaf) didn't sit well.  I switched back to plain water and haven't felt bloated all day.

I do think it's time to expand my diet past cottage cheese though.  I think my body is sick of it.

J G.
on 8/25/11 3:48 pm
Also beware of ice tea powdered mixes and ice tea you get at restaurants.  It can have weird stuff in it. 
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 333 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 799 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 268 views