So, I guess I'm a big fat snob

butercup
on 8/28/11 6:35 am - Kennewick, WA
I wonder if she's been on Dr Phil yet to get her pats on the back?  While us wls slime need to be ashamed at not working hard enough.
Elizabeth N.
on 8/28/11 8:01 am - Burlington County, NJ
Methinks Ms. Cal wants to call troll.

Ms. Cal Culator
on 8/28/11 6:15 am - Tuvalu
On August 27, 2011 at 9:55 PM Pacific Time, Laz22girl wrote:
On August 27, 2011 at 4:18 PM Pacific Time, Elizabeth N. wrote:
The bands need to be off the market YESTERDAY.

But since you know you can't be bothered to take care of yourself, don't get ANY WLS. They ALL require attention and supplementation. If you don't have time to think about what you put in your mouth and how to take care of your health, you will not succeed at this and you risk terrible health problems.
Don't worry! I lost my 100 pds by diet n exercise and I've maintained for 5+ yrs.

And that's why you hang out on a wls board...right.
Ms. Cal Culator
on 8/28/11 1:13 am - Tuvalu
On August 27, 2011 at 2:44 PM Pacific Time, Laz22girl wrote:
On August 27, 2011 at 9:57 AM Pacific Time, DianaCox wrote:
And just how far out are these two friends?  And what percent of what they had to lose did they manage to lose?  And what side effects and complications and eating difficulties are they dealing with?

People with stomach cancer lose weight - that doesn't make it an effective bariatric tool.
"And just how far out are these two friends?  And what percent of what they had to lose did they manage to lose?  And what side effects and complications and eating difficulties are they dealing with?"

One is 2 yrs out and lost nearly 100 pds and is maintaining.

One is 18 months out and has lost 190 pds so far.

I think we all need to realize people are more informed on THEIR bodies than anyone else.

I think it's a bit crazy to be snobby about someone's choice...especially regarding a life altering surgery. I think the DS sounds good...but the more I read, the more I know I could never ever commit the time to labs, vitamins, protein, etc for the rest of my life.

"I think we all need to realize people are more informed on THEIR bodies than anyone else."

Yes, yes!  We see that all the time around here.  (Especially on the MB, the band board and the Revision board.)

butercup
on 8/28/11 5:12 am - Kennewick, WA
You forgot one  
pandavenise
on 8/27/11 6:31 am
 I am wondering what most of you here with DS what your BMI was for your surgery. I heard you are suppose to have a pretty high BMI for that surgery. I have medicare and medical and am revising from lap band to rny because my insurance won't cover the sleeve and can't find any dr in my area that will take medicare . I have even tried in the bay area. Any suggestions
butercup
on 8/27/11 6:43 am - Kennewick, WA
That is a great question.  People range from a very high, to around a 30 something, to even not being overweight and just needing a revision.

As far as medicare, I don't know about that.  Most DS'ers have to travel to go to a vetted surgeon, which is the most important thing.  You must go to an expert with this surgery. 

If you post this question on our DS message board, I bet someone will be able to help you out.  You may need to travel though, but it will be well worth it.  Good luck to you. :)
teachmid
on 8/27/11 9:05 am - OKC, OK
Like Heidi said, you might want to post your question along with a brief introduction. I'm not sure, but I believe Medicare covers the DS at 40 without comorbidities and 35 with them.

You mentioned the bay area. Are you in CA? You might check Dr. Keshishian. I think he accepts Medicare.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

nightowl
on 8/27/11 3:13 pm - Topeka, KS
My understanding is that while Dr. K does take Medicare and MediCal, the MediCal as secondary is usually mutually exclusive from having the $4k for Dr. K's revision program fee not paid by the insurances.
Ms. Cal Culator
on 8/27/11 3:28 pm - Tuvalu
On August 27, 2011 at 10:13 PM Pacific Time, nightowl wrote:
My understanding is that while Dr. K does take Medicare and MediCal, the MediCal as secondary is usually mutually exclusive from having the $4k for Dr. K's revision program fee not paid by the insurances.

Huh?
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 615 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 978 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 332 views