losing inches??

jenflock
on 9/1/11 10:47 pm - TN
so I was starting to feel like a failure here..stupid I know due to the already huge fricking loss.  I'm a glutton for punishment I suppose.  Now however, for the first time in a month or so I'm noticing my clothes starting to get loose and also my collar bone does this weird stick out thing when I'm getting ready to drop a few.  I have to say this can be a terribly frustrating process because you so want the miracle weight gone in a second  routine...which BTW never happens!! I am so excited about these signals my body is giving me and I'm really being faithful to the low carbing which to be honest I had been slacking a bit before the last few weeks.  I got on the scale and no movement yet, but I feel it coming and that is enough to soothe the two year old temper tantruming between my ears!!  What signals does your body give you before dropping?? or is it just always a shock when the lbs drop??  

Elizabeth N.
on 9/1/11 11:02 pm - Burlington County, NJ
Why are you letting a machine run your life?

jenflock
on 9/2/11 6:23 am - TN
Actually 3 kids and 2 chihuahuas run my life LOL... but you are right and I honestly don't know!!  I wish I could stop being so darned anal about the thing but truly I think I'm obsessed.  I think in the back of my mind there is this little voice screetching that this too shall fail.  I'm terrified that I will lose it all and then gain it back and then some (always happened before).   I know it's unrealistic to think that even if I'm meticulous about my nutrition..ie protein and then carbs from veggies.. that my DS will fail.  I just want to finally suceed where my weight is concerned. I know in my rational mind I'm being ridiculous...just can't seem to help myself!! 

Elizabeth N.
on 9/2/11 9:05 am - Burlington County, NJ
Well, understanding where your mind is running away with you is a step in the right direction :-).

Your fear of regain is completely understandable, too. You've never had long lasting weight loss success before! And yes, if you throw your few but mandatory food rules out the window, you WILL regain. But you're eating the way you need to eat, right? So, relax and give it time.And make sure you're doing weight bearing exercise. Builds muscle and supports bone mass.

(deactivated member)
on 9/2/11 11:32 am
 One thing I relied on when I was in the weight loss phase of my surgery was ketone strips. You can get them at any pharmacy, without a prescription, and to save money, you can cut them in half lengthwise. I used these strips everyday. If the strip showed purple, I knew I was losing. If pink, I knew I had to make changes to jump start my weight loss. There are just too many variables involved in monitoring your weight with a scale. Relying on a scale will make you crazy.
(deactivated member)
on 9/2/11 11:39 am
 I always used the strips first thing in the morning, before I'd eaten anything. I don't know if it's important to use the strips before a meal, but I think it is important to use the strips at the same time everyday, and under roughly the same conditions. Also, seeing dark purple on a ketone strip can mean dehydration. So the strips are good way to see if fat is being burned and if you're getting enough fluids. 
jenflock
on 9/3/11 7:40 am - TN
Thanks for the idea..I actually have some stashed from pre-surg.  I will try that. Altho it prob will only give me one more thing in addition to the scale to obsess about lol!

scoob
on 9/2/11 11:27 am - Somerset, KY
This is why I measured EVERYTHING pre op. Last month, 11 months post op, I lost 1 lb. BUT I lost 8+ inches!!! I'm fitting into clothes I couldn't wear just a month, month and hal*****hat makes me feel awesome!! I too am addicted to the scale but I try not to let it rule my world. It is what it is! My DS will work!! How far out are you? Looks like you've lost a lot of weight already. Your body may just be taking a break. The breaks suck but they do happen.

Ruby

tazmaddy34 is my HW/SW/CW/GW 346/335/183/150   5'4.25"

jenflock
on 9/3/11 7:36 am - TN
I am 8 months out from surg and have lost TWO cheerleaders!!! I try not to get discouraged and I find that if I whine here and get myself chewed out a bit..it kind of relieves the anxiety.  I know it's a bit OCD but it works for me. I have a love hate thing with my scale..love to hate the darn thing!! lol.  I guess I should mention it was down 1 lb this morning!! 

goodkel
on 9/2/11 11:32 am
If you ladies don't put down that scale, I'm sending you to your rooms with only an RnY dinner!

If you can't hold off until your doctor appointments, at least only weigh once a month on your surgery date. And MEASURE!

Don't make me come down there, little missy!
Check out my profile: http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/goodkel/
Or click on my name
DS SW 265 CW 120 5'7"

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 1040 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1196 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 492 views