I'm FLOATING AWAY

edeldog13
on 9/18/11 9:52 am - MO
Okay Vets!
The last two days I've been drinking two 30 gram protein drinks, (one for breakfast and one midafternoon). With all the fluids I drink added on I'm really not hungry for anything else! Since we only absorb 50% of our protein that means I'm getting 30grams a day. Oh MY!
Any recommendations? I want taste, crunch, real food! Guess I'm getting a bit impatient.
Other than that, everything is going great!
MajorMom
on 9/18/11 10:07 am - VA
You are doing super! Count that as 60 grams of protein and don't worry about the DS math. Hang tight-- you're ahead of the game, real food with crunch will be soon.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

butercup
on 9/18/11 12:46 pm - Kennewick, WA
You can count your protein drinks towards your fluid intake as well. That's what I've been told. Keep up the good work.
Elizabeth N.
on 9/18/11 11:20 pm - Burlington County, NJ
Relax. You're doing fine. You're a brand new postop and not expected to make 100 grams of protein daily yet. You're over halfway there. That's how we count it.

(deactivated member)
on 9/18/11 11:24 pm

Let's see - you're not even a month out!  I think you're ahead of the 30-60-90 g protein rule.  Hang in there - you'll be back to real food soon. Just keep sipping and drinking to get your fluids in.  Heal and be good to yourself.

no_more_rolls
on 9/19/11 1:20 am - Jackson, MI
It sounds like you're doing great to me.  I couldn't even force myself to drink 1 protein drink when I was where you are.  You're not that far out yet (well neither am I)...but just wait until your surgeon "allows" you to eat "real" food.  It will be here in a couple weeks!  Once you're there you will have more options.  Guess what?  You won't have the room for all the good things you've been wanting...so it won't be as exciting as you hoped.  At least it wasn't for me.  LOL

Keep up the great work!
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.  
DONT BE AFRAID TO FAIL......BE AFRAID NOT TO TRY! 
highest weight 313/ surgery 255 / current 185 / goal 135  Height 5'6"

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 361 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 820 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 271 views