weight loss vs inch loss

Twi light
on 9/27/11 2:24 am - NY
at 11 weeks i have lost 35 pounds since post op. However i pulled out my old jeans/pants/etc and I fit into clothes i normally fit into at about 20 pounds less. I am 274lb, wearing 18/20, usually i am wearing this at around 250s ....  Why is this ? 

The only way i can figure this out is that I am dropping fat and no muscle, which is great but i guess unexpected, i figured some muscle would drop. 

So while my weight loss is very slow relative to others I have dropped what I think is a normal amount of inches- it just doesnt correlate to the number of pounds lost which i am having a hard time resolving.

What size are you at what weight usually?

April M.
on 9/27/11 2:33 am - MI
I was just having this discussion with my husband.... I'm at 265 now, I've lost 115 pounds, but only gone down from a 28/30 to a 24 on bottom and a tight 3x to a loose-ish 2x. I'm finding that I lose weight differently now, it comes off different places at diffferent times. From the waist up, I look like I've lost 115 lbs. From the waist down, probably only 50. I'm hoping it evens out soon... I want to have to go buy new clothes!

~April~                                             5'7" 
       2 Part DS                   BMI: S/C/G    59.3/33.5/24.9   

Part 1: 3/14/11                HW/SW#1/SW#2/CW/GW      
    Part 2: 7/14/11                  
379/366/319/214/

Twi light
on 9/27/11 2:49 am - NY
Yes I also noticed it comes off totally differently. It is very strange. Were you top/midsection heavy or bottom heavy to begin with? 

I was always bottom heavy and my legs are dropping the most inches, it seems like most of my weight went from where it was- my legs

Sarah_Anne
on 9/27/11 3:39 am
 I find that I lose either weight or inches, not both.  Right now I am in a major stall (not lost weight in about 3 months) BUT I have lost about an inch on my hips, so my jeans look better.  I would not worry about it too much particularly at the start as you are going to drop weight so fast you will not have a chance to think about it.  I lost 130 lbs in about 7 months.  The sizes just zoomed right by me!
 HW 315/ SW 297 /CW 173 /GW 150, size 8/10, 5'8 tall  (Updated December 1)
no_more_rolls
on 9/27/11 4:52 am - Jackson, MI
I've noticed my weight loss is different this time too.  (This time meaning one of the several times I've made it back to my current weight.)  I don't notice the difference when I look at myself in the mirror, but I do notice the difference in the way my clothes fit.  I went to Old Navy last week with my daughter and was able to buy size large sweat pants.  All the sweat pants I have been wearing at home are size 2X to 3X.  No wonder they are falling off!  In the past at this weight I think I still would have worn at least a 1X.  I haven't even tried any jeans on yet since I refuse to buy them until I am within 10 pounds of goal.

Congrats on your pounds and inches lost!
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.  
DONT BE AFRAID TO FAIL......BE AFRAID NOT TO TRY! 
highest weight 313/ surgery 255 / current 185 / goal 135  Height 5'6"

DianaRR
on 9/27/11 10:37 am - CA
It makes sense that we would lose less muscle, since we are all actively supplementing protein.
And we never lost weight like this before--we not only eat less, we are also malabsorbing fat.
Congrats on your weight loss!

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 338 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 801 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 268 views