I can't believe its been 6 months!!!

a_new_mii
on 10/9/11 6:48 pm, edited 10/9/11 6:56 pm - AZ
 Well, April 6, 2011 ......... the day that changed/saved  my life!  It's hard to believe, but it was 6 months ago that I was switched!  I've lost (and don't wish to find) 168 lbs from my top weight.  I've gone from a BMI of 77 to 48!!!  Though I'm still morbidly obese, I feel like a whole new person.  I can't tell you the energy I've regained.  I'm finding joy in being physical again.  I am able to walk from my classroom to anywhere on  campus without being winded!!! Playground duty is SOOO much easier!!
 Sundays are my shopping day with my daughter, and we are gone ALL DAY!!!!  Sometimes she has a hard time keeping up.   I love it!!!!  We've been "discovering" new places and restaurants to visit since I no longer have the fear of not being able to fit in any seats!! 

I recently celebrated my 44th B-day ( Oct. 3) and had a "splurge day"  My co-workers brought in B-fast, my daughter took me to lunch, and I had REAL PIZZA HUT PIZZA for dinner (first time since before surgery)  and an italian cheesecake for dessert.   It was all very lovely.  Not that I ate a whole lot of anything of course but the fact that there were so many carbs,  I have awakened the dreaded CARB MONSTER!!!!

I've still been getting all fluid and protein but that pesky "CM" was sneaking in everywhere.  
Today after having not lost but one pound this week, I am back on the "wagon" so to speak.  Let me tell you.... it was a fight to the end of the day.  But  I beat that dude.  Unfortunately,  it seem to take about 3 or 4 days for that stupid monster to go back into hibernation. So I think i've got a fight on my hands.  

Anyway, I just want to thank all the vets and fellow OH/DSers who have helped me along the way.  Without you, I'm pretty sure I would still be following the surgeon's guidelines and not be in a very good place right now.  So.........

And now a little showing off!!  Sorry

Join us here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi ~~❁~Ginger~~~
The beginning of a whole new world.              
HW-445
   SW-417    CW-162  GW-175            

JJPink 1
on 10/9/11 7:16 pm
Feels GREAT doesn't it??? And you are doing and looking GREAT too!!!! Congrats.
5' 7 3/4 I claim 5'8 SW/CW/GW 267/144/160 <---Dr's goal. My goal was 165lbs. Trying to build muscle. So, unsure what weight I'll be at  once I meet my fitness goals.

a_new_mii
on 10/10/11 6:34 am - AZ
 Thank you, and YES if feels soooo great!!  I just hope to reach goal!!  you've done a great job as well!!  congrats!
HW-445
   SW-417    CW-162  GW-175            

litebrite
on 10/9/11 8:56 pm - Telford, PA
CONGRATS!!  So glad you feel better and you are looking great!!!!
DS on 8/15/11

a_new_mii
on 10/10/11 6:35 am - AZ
 Thanks so much!  I DO feel so much better.  Can't wait for the rest of the adventure!!
HW-445
   SW-417    CW-162  GW-175            

teachmid
on 10/9/11 9:08 pm - OKC, OK
Congratulations and keep up the good work!
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

a_new_mii
on 10/10/11 6:36 am - AZ
 Thank you Gail! 
HW-445
   SW-417    CW-162  GW-175            

scoob
on 10/9/11 9:20 pm - Somerset, KY
WOW, you've done awesome, Ginger! Isn't it wonderful?! So happy for you! You look great! Keep ROCKin it!

Ruby

tazmaddy34 is my HW/SW/CW/GW 346/335/183/150   5'4.25"

a_new_mii
on 10/10/11 6:39 am - AZ
 Thank you Ruby! You are always so supportive!   It's not as easy as I thought it would be, but I have to say I DO love my DS!!!
HW-445
   SW-417    CW-162  GW-175            

scoob
on 10/10/11 7:03 am - Somerset, KY
You're too sweet!!

I hear ya though. I LOVE my DS too girl! Best decision of my life!

Ruby

tazmaddy34 is my HW/SW/CW/GW 346/335/183/150   5'4.25"

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 717 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1024 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 343 views