Almost 2 years OUT But.....

Tonya75
on 10/12/11 10:23 pm - IL
Hello,

Just wanted to throw this out there to the Vet DSers.

When did you completely stop losing weight? I will be 2 years next month and I still weight everyday. (addicted I guess). I notice within the past 2 weeks I have lost about 6lbs. Not sure whats going on...I am not sick, but I loved love my 164, weight. I am a bit scare thinking that I still have more to lose. Will my body, know when to stop? I feel like eating a bunch of junk, so I can slow down the process. Any help would be appreciated. BTW---I am still loving my DS! Saved my life, and I look FAB!
DS Surgery 11/23/09
Tonya

JJPink 1
on 10/12/11 11:59 pm
I am close to the 2yr mark too. However the lowest I have gotten was 144. This was in the summer  and I was busy running around  with kids and just out. and about. I feel like I am at my lowest (no more losing) I stay between 147-150. I haven't tried to lose more to see because I actually feel I look too thin now. However I'm figuring I will gain my bounce back weight soon enough.

I would'nt worry about it just yet and enjoy that we can still lose and not struggle. This DS is wonderful isn't it?

5' 7 3/4 I claim 5'8 SW/CW/GW 267/144/160 <---Dr's goal. My goal was 165lbs. Trying to build muscle. So, unsure what weight I'll be at  once I meet my fitness goals.

Tonya75
on 10/13/11 12:14 am - IL
Yes! DS is wonderful! I am enjoying every minute of it! I really wished I was at a stand still with weight lost. I dont want to lose tooo much....Dont want to be thin!

Congrats!
DS Surgery 11/23/09
Tonya

(deactivated member)
on 10/13/11 12:37 am
metamorphosis007
on 10/13/11 1:57 am
I'm 2 and a half years out and still losing...just very slowly now.
You gotta love livin', baby, 'cause dyin' is a pain in the ass.---Frank Sinatra
Elizabeth N.
on 10/13/11 2:24 am - Burlington County, NJ
It was around two and a half to three years out that my weight pretty much stabilized. Then I floated up about 20 pounds, which is where I am now. This seems to be the new "normal."

Eating junk to "stabilize your weight" is maladaptive and really rather foolish. Don't do it. Don't replace nourishing food with crap. You'll undo good MENTAL work that you have done, at the minimum. You will risk developing farting and ****ting issues. You will risk replacing NOURISHMENT with stupid ****

Don't derail yourself this way. Eat real food, good food, perhaps being a LITTLE more lenient about carbs IF they don't mess up your guts. BUILD MUSCLE MASS, increasing your protein intake as you do so. You will look and feel better and you will develop some of the kind of body mass that you NEED to have to draw on in case you get into problems.

And fergawdsake fix your scale obsession. Those numbers tell you NOTHING about your health.

PattyL
on 10/13/11 4:00 am
 Normal people have their highs and lows too.  Very few women I know don't have 'skinny' and 'fat' clothes because their weight fluctuates.  6lbs one way or the other is no big deal it may just be your new normal.
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 381 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 831 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 271 views