3 months out, the "swallowed a rock" feeling is back...

MomToTeens
on 10/15/11 8:39 am - OH
I'm not quite sure what's going on, and was wondering if anyone had a similar experience.  Thursday morning, I started having pain when swallowing food (it was egg, and cheese on a slice of low carb bread).  I thought maybe it was the bread, so figured it would go away.

It didn't.  It's still going on.  It doesn't bother me with drinks, either hot or cold, or shakes.  Actually, it even hurts to draw in a deep breath.  It's sort of in the center, below my breastbone.  I was thinking I was sore from something getting stuck, but it doesn't seem to be getting better.

Everything else is normal (bm's, no other pain, no nausea, no vomiting, etc) and I have an email into Dr. K, but he hasn't responded yet (which is a bit unusual, as I sent it yesterday afternoon).  I'm not completely freaked out yet, but hoping it gets better soon.

Anyone experience anything similar? 

Thanks,
Susan
RNY:  05/24/2005     SW:  270, lowest:  190,  Back up to:  230
Revision to DS:  07/24/2011  SW:230/CW:181/GW:140

"Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there!"
Will Rogers

Elizabeth N.
on 10/15/11 8:49 am - Burlington County, NJ

This is a Dr. K. question, so I'm glad you emailed him. It's PROBABLY just your belly being annoyed, but it's a symptom that could signal far bigger problems, so it's "better safe than sorry" time.

If you have been in unremitting pain for that long, though, it is ER time. Again, better safe than sorry.

MomToTeens
on 10/15/11 8:54 am - OH
What kind of "far bigger problems?"

I wouldn't say it's unremitting pain....not a constant pain. Just when I breathe in deeply or eat something substantial.

I just sent a second email, in case he missed or didn't receive the first.

Susan

"Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there!"
Will Rogers

Elizabeth N.
on 10/15/11 8:56 am - Burlington County, NJ
Strictures come to mind.

butercup
on 10/15/11 10:41 am - Kennewick, WA
I feel that way when I need to take my acid controller. Calling your doctor would be the best thing to do.
teachmid
on 10/15/11 11:01 am - OKC, OK
Call Dr. K. He always has gotten back with me quickly, so he might not have gotten the email.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

zuzupetals2u2
on 10/15/11 11:40 am - Sedona, AZ
when you say thar feeling is back - what did you mean? You experienced this before too? Be sure to tell Dr K that also. Hope it's nothing but it's good you are contacting him & posting it here too just in case . .I haven't experienced anything like that myself. At least you can still get liquids and food down !

Good luck!

1985 Verticle Banded Gastroplasty to DS revision 2010     sw 280 gw 140 cw 188 hw 360

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.?
Winnie the Pooh

MomToTeens
on 10/15/11 11:59 am - OH
I say "back", because I had the rock feeling for the first couple of weeks post op.  That was due to swelling though, and went away.

I can still eat and drink, and still no reply from Dr. K.

Susan

Will Rogers

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 379 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 828 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 271 views