Boy, it's slow around here isn't it?

butercup
on 10/15/11 2:48 am - Kennewick, WA
I want to answer questions and help, but really how much experience does a three week post op have to give.  I'm fairly specialized at the moment.

I am sick to death of coffee protein drinks.  I can't make all of the fancy shakes that I used to.  That's either due to sugar alcohols, fruit, juice, or crushing it all up with ice in a blender.  I think I'm gonna try shake cakes.  I've kind of burnt out of drinking.  God, everything has to be drinking.  I wanna eat!  I do have some handy unflavored protein.  I think I'll make something yummy with it.

I got a binder and my suture issue got better.  There's no infection, they think I just over did it when it was starting to feel better.  Now, I have my ghetto binder that I made out of two body shapers.  I couldn't find a binder for less that 50$ so I figured a way around it.  It's nice.  It allows me to drive my kids around to their various activities. 

I still have hardly any energy.  I have to use the mart carts in the stores if I go out.  Since I really don't give a damn what people think of how I look, I'm fine with it.   At my heaviest I had to use one anyway.  Dragging around 300+ and being anemic made for difficult shopping.  I actually had a worker at Wallyword once ask me why I was using one.  Now I would tell her to mind her own damn business.  Back then though, I felt I had to explain myself.  I do feel a new confidence with this surgery.

So, no real question.  Just shootin the breeze with my fellow DS'ers.  Hope you guys all have nice weekends.
MajorMom
on 10/15/11 3:23 am, edited 10/15/11 3:24 am - VA
I'm fixing a huge pot of veggie beef soup (heavy on the beef)...my go-to food early out was shrimp ****tail. Kind of got sick of it after a month or so but it was sure good the first couple of weeks.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

MARTINA P.
on 10/15/11 3:41 am - ROCKMART, GA
 I know what  you mean about not being able to have the protein shakes that you had before surgery.  I miss my old shakes and struggle some days getting protein in because I ido not eat a lot.
MARTINA
Rockmart Georgia                        
HW: 315 CW: 117 GW:  First goal 150 met 3/23/2012, Second goal 135

Emily F.
on 10/15/11 4:02 am
I could eat my protein for the first two months if you are aiming for the 30/60/90 rule. Lots of crab salad, shrimp, chicken salad, egg salad, etc.
clancyrose
on 10/15/11 5:54 am - Montgomeryville, PA
Please feel free to send me any of your experiences with drinks, etc and how we progress out of the gate...I know some say not to buy before since your taste may change, but i need a list of things I need to have on hand so I do not need to go anywhere when i get home after surgery...I have some info but since your bored feel free to clue me in on your adventure...what is a shake cake? I have my last pre op appt and I am sure they will go over my list of needs but it will always help to have other options..:) Are we allowed to have those sugar free packets put in water bottles..like SF Koolaid?
MajorMom
on 10/15/11 6:07 am - VA
The Syntrax Nectar protein shakes are good. I like the creamy ones, others like the fruity ones. I think you can go to their web site and order a good sample set. Also, Vitalady carries samples of just about all the powders she carries.  Great way to experiment and find out which ones work for you. I'd also start drinking them now rather than wait until post-op. Protein will help you heal and it's a good idea to get a head start on building up your nutrition pre-op.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

butercup
on 10/15/11 6:12 am - Kennewick, WA
My tastes really haven't changed which is weird.  I may actually go back to my old protein drinks even though they aren't the very best protein and they are ready to drink.
litebrite
on 10/15/11 9:06 am - Telford, PA
I am two months post-op (acutally, just realized today- had my DS 8/15/11!!!).  I HIGHLY recommend getting samples to try POST-OP.  My taste changes and I have huge containers I can't stomach.  I wish I could give them to someone. 

I do want to try the shake cakes, let us know how it goes!!!!!
DS on 8/15/11

butercup
on 10/15/11 10:38 am - Kennewick, WA
This is powder I got after surgery and I got it at Super Supplements.  If you don't like it you can bring it back in and exchange it or get your money back.  I'm reverting back to the ready to drink shakes I had before surgery.  I really liked them and still do.  I'm planning on having a scoop of the really good protein into my average protein drink.  It's better than nothing. :)
pktwatch
on 10/15/11 11:38 am
I like the GNC Pro Performance Chocolate and the Chocolate Carmel. I tried their Strawberry and it was BAD but I took it back, that's why I think I will deal with then, if you don't like it take it back and exchange it till you find what you like!

Switched 9/21/2011 By Dr. Inman
HW    368
SW    328
CW    180

GW 180 (or less to get to a normal BMI)

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 334 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 800 views
Need help for my mom