Its a slow march forward...

M. Miller
on 11/1/11 9:10 pm
 but forward moving non the less.   Have first NUT counselling this morning, have to do three of these 30 days apart.

Have to wait till new insurance kicks in for endoscopy...current insurance has a weird loophole that does not cover anesthsesia for endoscopy of colonoscopy, they are fixing it for next year, but I am switching to more WLS friendly insurance during open enrollment this month.

Still need to get  my pre-op labs done...but not clear as weather it needs to be fasting or not, calling surgeon today for that info. 

Wondering if anyone had a period before or while contemplating surgery where they felt kind of depressed that they have failed Weight Loss non surgically...that is where i am, tired of being fat after 10 years of being over weight and sort of beating myself up that I have failed other options.   But I am also feel a certain amount of anticipation, since it was only 10 years ago I was at a healthy weight and can remember what that feels like, what doors it opens, and home much less limited I will be.   
scoob
on 11/1/11 9:27 pm - Somerset, KY
Honey, you're on the right track!!

And yes, I wondered if I needed to try the "right" way one more time. I was all signed up for RNY in September of 2007. Quit smoking cold turkey just to have surgery. I let my guilt and family talk me into backing out. I went to the gym religiously for 6 months. Counted EVERY calorie. Wrote down every bite of food. I never got under 300#'s. I lost MAYBE 10lbs. I continued to struggle for months. Depression kicked in. Then I said that's it, no longer. I found the DS! The next 2 years I waited, fought and jumped through gobbs of hoops to finally get my DS. There were times when I thought it was never going to happen.

Now here I am, 13 months post op, -133lbs. Healthier and happier then ever and still going down. This is the best thing I ever did for ME! We're here for you. Won't be long you'll be on the loser's bench happy as a lark! Good luck!

Ruby

tazmaddy34 is my HW/SW/CW/GW 346/335/183/150   5'4.25"

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 796 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1074 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 353 views