A question. I called the surgeon but while I wait..thought someone could weigh in (i hate...

M. Miller
on 11/15/11 5:32 am, edited 11/15/11 5:33 am

Sooo part of my insurance requirement is diagnosis of morbid besity for the previous two years.  So  I  relocated here to Texas two years ago in late 2009, saw doc lots my first year for sicknesses, but he never, not once did he ever weigh me.  At my annual physical in February 2011, I got weiged. The last time I remember being weighed by a doc was sometime in 2009 in Georgia with my doc there...wondering what surgeon has to submit to document this requirement is met?  By the time i finished all other requirements (3 month nutritional assessment etc) it will be first quarter of 2012).  I would  really hate having to wait another year.  However, I do have weigth records on livestrong.com where i entered my weight every week in 2010, would that count?....hmmm thing things my mind worries about while I have to wait,

Shona

MajorMom
on 11/15/11 5:36 am - VA
I would collect every thing you can get your hands on including 2009 documents or earlier.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

determineddanni
on 11/15/11 7:52 am
Someone posted, I can't remember who, but they said they couldn't obtain records saying they have been obese for a period of time. They said they collected pictures from those years and it worked for them. Might be worth a shot too... Remeber also you can use maybe other places you might have been weight like the gyno, dermatologist, maybe a local gym program, etc.

Good luck:)
M. Miller
on 11/15/11 8:32 am
Yeah, I remember seeing a post about pictures.  Will do that.  Honestly, from Sept 2009 to February 2011 no real visits to any doc except my PCP..who never weighed me (I find this odd).  I did have mammogram in september or october 2009 but cannot remember if the diagnostic center weighed me.  But you can bet your bippy I am going to call them.  I also twisted my knee in september 2010 and am definitely going to check if the center that did my MRI weighed me as well (I vaguely remember stepping on a scale at that place).   THe surgeons office did call me back and said if I have records from 2008 and 2009 from docs in GA we can submit 2008, 2009 and 2011 weights  and could likely override the 2 year requirement.    I saw a personal trainer for all of 2008 and up until i got laid off in summer of 2009...and possibly have weekly  weigh ins from there, but seriously, that first year in Texas...yep..my recollection is no weight history (this also corresponds to my husband being in GA while I settled me and our  kids in TX ,working in disaster relief, and for all intents and purposes being a single mom having to worry about two kids and coordinating all kinds of schedules with major travelling going on...I just forgot to take care of me...very unusual by the way)
determineddanni
on 11/15/11 11:24 am
Well, you definatly have a place to start. I think you will find more than you think :) Just a lot of work and tracking it all down. It will be time consuming but well worth it:)
M. Miller
on 11/15/11 11:41 am
I guess why I am even "obsessed" is because it is open enrollment for insurance at work. If I stay with my current insurance it only has a requirement to document morid obesity for 6 months on the previous year.  I can do that.  Only draw backs. a lot higher out of pocket for surgery up to 4 times more than fed BCBC (1000 dollars vs 3000 to 4000 dollars), and a longer period of required nutritional counselling (3 vs 6 months).  Grrr...decisions decisions.

thanks for indulging my obsession and over worrying this....
determineddanni
on 11/16/11 3:09 am
I completely understand and I really think its normal. We are in a life changing process that involves a lot of information gathering, insurance battles, money, emotional breakdowns, and of course trying to educate yourself on everthing DS related. It is a lot! We literally have to become "obsessed" to get all this hoop jumping done. I am a worry wort as well so that doesn't help but I can tell you this is normal. Just think of light at the end of the tunnel and also to take breaks from thinking about it is really important. Clean house or reorganize something! Anything to keep your mind busy in the waiting game.
M. Miller
on 11/18/11 12:26 am
Aw..thanks.  I saw you got your approval.  Ya for you.  I will be cheering from the sidelines!
determineddanni
on 11/18/11 12:39 am

Thanks so much:) It seemed like it went so fast but at the same time really slow. I know mine was quick compared so some who have fought for years, bless their hearts for never giving up!

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 780 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1064 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 352 views