Decisions...ugh (ranting...thinking outloud..mabe whining?)

M. Miller
on 11/15/11 11:33 am
So i am out of town on travel, alone, in a hotel room,, obsessed over this surgery.  If you saw previous post  regarding insurance requirement of documented morbid obesity in two years prior to surgery  and well...I have no weight history for all of 2010 (well may have a weight from Sept 2010 when I went for aefon MRI). Had a physical in February 2010, last physical before that was sometime in 2009 before May.  So essentially I have a weight in early 2009, late 2010 (maybe), and early 2011.  By the time I finish nutritional counselling it will be early 2012.  So worried lack of 2010 weight may be a kink for insurance.  BUT....If I stay with current insurance...I only have to have 6 month documentation of morbid obesity (easy peasy, done)..but a 6 month nutirional counselling requirement (as opposed to a 3 month requirement if I switch insurance), and higher out of pocket expenses prolly 3000-4000 compared to 1000 if I change to BC/BS.  What to do what to do?  Ughh...
Emily F.
on 11/16/11 5:27 am
Just keep on. You won't be the first person to not have a weight.
M. Miller
on 11/18/11 12:25 am
I actually called the insurance company I am considering switching to, and they indicated that a weight taken in February 2011 and one in February 2012 will satisfy the 2 year history.  Underatanding this is on the phone, not with a case manager and not even one oftheir customers yet, that could change.  Howerver I did do some research and found opther peopel who had similiar concerns with same insurance companys, where as they just got classified as morbidly obese, and two weigh ins a year apart satisfied the requirements.   If I have to give every weigh in from 2000 to 2008  pictures from 2008 to gebruar 2011, along with my weekly weigth tracking on livestrong.com I am fairly certain I can demonstrate this requirmen.  My weight has not fluctuated more than 10 lbs since my first child.
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 791 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1070 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 353 views