Happy Surgiversary to Me!!!!

adkmtngirl
on 11/18/11 3:37 am - Brant Lake, NY
 It's my 1 year surgiversary!!! All I can say is what a difference a year makes! I can run after my kids (and really run), have so much more energy and just feel so much healthier. Before my surgery I was on all sorts of meds, now, I'm only taking my antidepressant and migraine meds. :) I've lost 76lbs since the day of surgery, 95 total so far, only 15 lbs to get to goal. I feel like I'm a slow loser, but the point is, I'm still a loser and still losing.

I've had a fairly uneventful year since my surgery. My recovery was uneventful, the only real glitch in the road was my hernia repair that I had in June. I do have to go in soon to have some tests for some weird abdominal pain that I've been having, but it doesn't seem to be too serious, probably something to do with the hernia repair (based on where the pain is). 

Other than that, life is blessedly normal, and I am so excited to eat Thanksgiving dinner this year, not just look at it!!! 

I'll post pictures as soon as I get a new one taken. :)

Kristina

provolisa
on 11/18/11 3:41 am - Provo, UT
I'm very happy for you Kristina!

Lisa
               Recovering from the Duodenal Switch~
                HW - 495 / CW - 382 / GW - 175    Joanne B. is my Angel 

adkmtngirl
on 11/18/11 6:28 am - Brant Lake, NY
 Thanks Lisa!
Kristina

DianaRR
on 11/18/11 4:15 am - CA
Congratulations! I am happy for you. Do you have pictures? We would all love to admire and "ooh" and "ah" over them.

adkmtngirl
on 11/18/11 6:29 am - Brant Lake, NY
 I posted a before and after on another thread.... I hate having my picture taken!
Kristina

Valerie G.
on 11/18/11 4:34 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
Happy surgiversary -- and yeah, we need pictures.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

adkmtngirl
on 11/18/11 6:30 am - Brant Lake, NY
 Thanks!

Kristina

dgb123
on 11/18/11 5:26 am - Fairfax, VA
Happy Surgiversary Kristina from a fellow slow loser.  I've been stalled for over a month now, but I'm hanging in there!!!  It's good to hear from someone who has lost slowly as well and know that "slow and steady can win the race", as well!!

Congratulations!

Donna 

adkmtngirl
on 11/18/11 6:30 am - Brant Lake, NY
 It drives me crazy to be a slow loser, but at least I'm a loser!
Kristina

challie
on 11/18/11 5:57 am
Congratulations!!! I had my surgiversary a few days ago and I am similarly thrilled.  The DS is a life saver. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 330 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 790 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 265 views