Slow weight loss post-revision with lap band?

allraindrops
on 11/26/11 4:06 am
I'm wondering if the slower weight loss post-revision applies to revisions from lap bands or is it only from revisions from the other surgies? I'm not too concerned about how quickly I lose the weight but just curious....
Banded in March 2006, lost 15 and regained 20 lbs, revision to DS on December 19, 2011. Looking forward to loserland!

Updated: Starting weight 260 lbs, current weight 168 lbs (June 6, 2012)....I love my DS!

kramer5
on 11/26/11 4:34 am - Washington, KS
It's my understanding that it applies to all revisions, including lap-band.  I'm a lap-band revision person and I can't tell you how happy I am to be without my band!
Dawn

2011Mommy
on 11/26/11 2:56 pm
 Wow! 46 pounds since surgery! That is amazing- I never lost that much with my lapband... eeehh can't wait to get it out. Keep it up :)
kramer5
on 11/26/11 2:59 pm - Washington, KS
Thank you!  It's happening so fast that it doesn't feel real at times.

I didn't realize how much I hated my band until I got it taken out.  Even with having major surgery I feel so much better without it.

Dawn

2011Mommy
on 11/26/11 3:08 pm
Yay! I am glad to hear it. Today I got sick from the BEST tasting tri-tip... made me want the revision even more lol..  I sent you a private message :) 
prettypixels
on 11/27/11 3:19 am
 Life is so much better without the band!  I have been having so much fun it is not funny.  I know I have really lucked out in terms of my recovery, but eating is FUN now, even though I can't eat a LOT of food.  I can eat!  I don't get stuck and puke on every tiny bite of food!  It is AWESOME!  
Banded in 2001 at 217 lbs - Band to DS revision 10/25/11 at 310 lbs
If life with your band sucks, you are not alone and it's not your fault.  Check out the failed lap band group!

Jersey Girl
on 11/26/11 7:57 am
I'm a band to DS revision and it's definitely slower, but a much better quality of life.
A l y s i a  (pronounced like A l i c i a)
Total weight loss since HW of 475:

Pounds lost since band revision to DS            
(deactivated member)
on 11/26/11 10:00 am
 Well, I guess just like anything else, your milage may vary (UMMV). I lost all my weight in about 11 month after the DS. It took me about a year and a half to lose about half that with the band. So not every one is the same. I think the mal-absorption did it for me.
honeybadger 11
on 11/26/11 12:58 pm - FL
I agree with Inge. Ive seen it every which way since i joined the DS boards in May. Everyone loses differently. Ive almost lost as much weight with the DS in 2 wk as i did with the band in 8 months. Both my surgeons are/were conservative so ive been on almost the same diet during recovery:)

3month prior to surgery (with an unfilled band) i started a low carb diet and doing the treadmill 3 times a week. I lost 21lbs. In 2wks with the DS ive lost 21lbs.

Its amazing stuff!

~Jennifer
Revision to DS 11/9/11                                  LapBand 12/2006
SW  321/ CW 248/ GW 185                           SW 330/ HW 348/ LW 300
Join me here: http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com

2011Mommy
on 11/26/11 3:10 pm
 I've been seeing your posts regarding your recent surgery but didn't realize you were a lapband to DS revision... I can't wait to have the same :) How does your recovery compare to the lapband? My recovery was so quick and easy with the lapband- I was back to work the week following my surgery (crazy huh?) 
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 683 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1005 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 338 views