9 mo update

Katy S.
on 12/1/11 12:27 pm - WA
I know I haven't been around much, full time work, full time school, full time kids, full time wife, the list goes on lol...

Basically I have been doing my best to take my vites everyday and get protein in every day.

My loss has been accelerated by quite a lot in the last 3 months I feel great!

I scheduled my panni for Dec 9th for a few reasons, 1 I was expected to be accepted in to my RN program (missed it by 3 spots), 2. My husband will be deploying very soon and I wanted him to be here with me for it...

I have a panni goal of 160, my docs goal was 180, I am 13 lbs from my goal 7lbs under his goal, and 23 from goal goal... I won't be horrified if I don't get to 160 but I am still working for it...

The last 3 months I have been doing spin/cycling 1 hour classes 3x a week, the last 4 weeks I pushed it up to 2x on monday/w/fri and 1x on tues/thurs (that's 8: 1- hour classes) I am also going to be certified as a cycling instructor come jan/feb... I love spin!!! I discovered I actually NEED carbs to work out so much though haha, so I enjoy a banana, baked potato or pb sandwich before working out... and of course my daily protein...

Overall I am doing great but exhausted from all the running and being pulled from every direction, normal exhaustion...PREOP TOMORROW

"Hi, my name is Katy...and I am a meat eating spin junkie"
HW: 336/DOS: 306/CW: 153/GW: 140?
~ CSz: 5 - S/M

* G1: 199# 09/28/11 * G2: 175# 11/30/11 * G3: 160# 12/09/11(
"People too weak to follow their dreams, will always try to find a way to discourage yours"

Sher Bear Mama
on 12/1/11 12:32 pm, edited 12/1/11 12:32 pm
 YOu look amazing!  You and your husband are such a great looking couple (he's a hottie!!!).  I'm sure you were beautiful before--but you look so happy and complete.  Be proud!  YOU did it!

BTW, how tall are you?  Just wondering because of your doctor's goal weight for you.  I'm 5.5 and when I lost 140 pounds (15 years ago) I had tons of excess skin--at 150 I looked fabulous.  When I got down to 120 I was emaciated.  My current goal is about 160 since I'm older now and since I may have even more skin from having babies.  But i"m the same starting weight as the first time I lost the weight (diet and exercise over about a year).  Anyway, I figure you must be taller than I am if the doc's goal weight was so much higher.  And right now (from the pics) you look PERFECT.  

Sheri
Sher--the bear mama

Katy S.
on 12/1/11 1:03 pm - WA
Thanks he definitely is my sexy man meat, and I like that he didn't shave for pics since he always has to be fresh shaven for work lol...

I am 5'6", I put my goal at the top of my "normal" weight category, my doc just said 180 for panni, he just knows the excess skin is hard to do everyday things like spin lol... he also said my goal weight is fine, that was just his weight requirement for panni, when I went in for consult I was 201, so I wasn't far off from that any way... I want around 150 so I am within normal range, and I want/ed 160 by surgery so that there won't be more loose skin when I am done losing haha... I know they want you to be stabalized, that being one of the main reasons, but he didn't see a concern, labs have been great.

"People too weak to follow their dreams, will always try to find a way to discourage yours"

Katy S.
on 12/1/11 1:12 pm - WA
I also had QUITE the shelf preop, never lost excess weight, just from babies, it hung down at least 6-8" before I even got WLS my docs said I could get a pani if I only lost 30lbs, so it wasn't really a big deal for me to be at goal when I got it done...

The big one will be arms & breast reduction whenever plastics can fit me in, I see a doctor 1-2x a week for back pain/spasms from my chest size, and my arms clearly interfere with normal activities, my legs might even be covered but I won't know until I consult with PS which is probably 3-4 months away.

bdocker
on 12/1/11 10:08 pm
Katy you have a GORGEOUS family every single one of you beautiful from the inside out.

Thanks so much for sharing such wonderful pictures and a great story. It really is a bright spot in my day when I see someone so successful and keeps me motivated to making it to the day I can be scheduled for a DS too.

Good luck with your panni. And I'm with Sheri - you look amazing and perfect. What a big thing you've accomplished. Ha - I SO want to try spinning now.

Brenda~
Katy S.
on 12/1/11 11:14 pm - WA
 Thank you so much! I know first hand how discouraging it is, when I logged on, dig in and read all the advice of the vets here is when it really clicked for me. My doctor is a great surgeon, he knows how to do the ds and do it right, but he really doesn't have the experience first hand like the people here on how we function post ds, you will have a whole new inside and outside. Take the advice of people who've been around a long time and you will do great.

As for spin I absolutely love and am addicted to it, but beware your butt WILL hurt and you red energy for it do if you're not eating right post ds or not drinking enough fluids you may get tire and sore and want to give up. Find something uu like and push through!

bdocker
on 12/2/11 12:15 am
Great advice Katy. I couldn't agree with you more on learning from the experience of others. I do know I want DS and there is a surgeon near by. I had looked into another surgery so I know that I have to do my six months first. I am SO on board and so ready.

In the mean time I'm using protein shakes to keep me low cal and high protein for my pre-op weight loss plan. I remember being thinner and working out and back then I LOVED being sore because it told me that I'd worked hard and made me feel accomplished. You get where you crave that feeling.

Its an inspiration when you see how someone else enjoys doing something and the possibility of physically being able to again is what keeps me going.

That and the exciting updates from Post Ops like here.

Love what everyone here shares!

Brenda~
alldredget
on 12/2/11 3:18 am - Comstock Park, MI
Ok, I am a noob, but what is "panni" short for? I assume you mean some sort of skin removal surgery, but I am not familiar with the term "panni", and finally, does your insurance help with the cost of this or is this completely out of your own pocket?

Katy S.
on 12/2/11 6:01 am - WA
*Panniculectomy, is the removal of the "shelf" and some insurance policies cover it when medically indicated. As I mentioned, I had it prior to WLS and it has always caused rashes/infection, so it was not much to know that it was covered by my insurance. The bariatric program at our MTF (military treatment facility) is also very active, so these are common here... I will have to fight for the other things but we will see how that goes... I don't want to be perfect, or plastic, just functional and comfortable :)

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 333 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 799 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 268 views