vitamin regemin question from pre-op noob...

alldredget
on 12/4/11 11:33 pm, edited 12/6/11 9:39 pm - Comstock Park, MI
1 Corinthians 13:4
Elizabeth N.
on 12/4/11 11:42 pm - Burlington County, NJ
No, there is no such product.

The supplements are not horse pills with the exception of calcium, and calcium pills can be reduced to powder quickly in water. Or you can spend a fortune on liquid calcium supplements. Currently I have exactly one 00 size capsule in my regimen, and that's the Vitalady Tender B complex. Everything else except for the calcium is smaller than that.

alldredget
on 12/4/11 11:49 pm, edited 12/6/11 9:41 pm - Comstock Park, MI
Elizabeth N.
on 12/5/11 12:02 am - Burlington County, NJ
It's easy peasy. I take a small handful of pills twice a day, done, end of story. There's nothing hard about it. It's a tiny price to pay for being alive and healthy. The battle around this issue begins and ends in your mind.

Go read my story on my profile. This is nothing compared to the 19 prescription meds I took daily, including at least four shots of insulin, and the oxygen tank to which I was tethered 24/7. That's where you're headed, too, if you aren't there yet. What's a few vitamin pills to save you from that fate? 

newyorkbitch
on 12/5/11 12:03 am
 If taking the vitamins in the quantities and forms you need is too burdensome for you, do not have the DS.
Elizabeth N.
on 12/5/11 12:06 am - Burlington County, NJ
Yeah, that's the bottom line. This excellent quality of life and eating comes with a price, and one aspect of paying that price involves heavy supplementation forever.

Elizabeth N.
on 12/5/11 12:04 am - Burlington County, NJ
Oh, I just saw this: "Especially since many of these are fat soluable vitamins, the shake\drink could incorporate some sort of fat that would better enable the absorption of nutrients."

It doesn't work that way. You wouldn't absorb the fat in the shake any more than you would absorb the fat in food, and it would not improve the absorption of the vitamins. You need special water-soluble formulations of those vitamins, which is why we are so adamant about the types of A, D, E and K we need.

alldredget
on 12/5/11 12:12 am, edited 12/6/11 9:42 pm - Comstock Park, MI
(deactivated member)
on 12/5/11 12:28 am - Lancaster, OH
Vitalady.  Vitalady, Vitalady, Vitalady.

Oil-based A, D, E and K are worthless to DSers.  Wrap your brain around that.

Vitalady is not the only source of the products that you will need post DS to stay healthy, but she does cater to the bariatric community (including DSers), and you can find just about anything you need at her site.  And her prices are competitive.  Also, if you order more than $300 worth of product, your shipping is free.

You will not find what you need in one magical powder.

You have already been encouraged to read some history here, and DSFACTS.COM.  If you've followed that advice, I'm surprised to hear you say that you were unaware of the non-oil-based requirements on ADE and K.
alldredget
on 12/5/11 12:30 am, edited 12/6/11 9:45 pm - Comstock Park, MI
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 1049 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 9 replies · 1208 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 502 views