Diane Davis
on 12/25/11 9:06 am
Thanks Larissa, think about you often.
 My  is Jewels.  Love her very much!            
beemerbeeper
on 12/22/11 2:12 am - AL
I've missed you.  Really.

Are you cruising?

I sent you a PM and am off to read your blog.

Love,

~Becky

Diane Davis
on 12/25/11 9:08 am
Due to all life has thrown at me, not going to be able to cruise this summer.  According to where life is at the time, I am planning on coming down to New Orleans for the pre-cruise.
Crazeru
on 12/22/11 8:28 am
Life puts stumbling blocks in front of us.  We decide rather to go around them or over them.  Going around them is avoiding what you know you need to do. 

You need to put together a bag of non-perishables, protein bullets, powder for shakes, jerky, nuts.  Cheese in the fridge... string, sliced, cubed - that you can grab with a little ice chest for when you are on the road.  Meats that travel well - deli meat - for rollups or just eating plain.  Pre-cook sausage/bacon (I do up 3lbs at a time) and have it in baggies to fill that ice chest.  Do your vitamins once a week/biweekly/monthly so that you always have 7 to grab and go (they go in that bag) for any cir****tance that arises.

If you aren't on a prescription for the nausea, get one.  It can make or break your eating.  They have cups out now, that have a dial for everytime you fill them up, you dial another number.  So you always know how much liquid you are consuming.  It's cool enough now to keep a box of bottled water in your car. 

I understand taking care of everyone one, but you need to put yourself at the top of the list.  I know that life gets in the way, but with our altered guts, it could mean a slow painful death.

(((Diane)))

sorry if I came off preachy, I care sweetie.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

Diane Davis
on 12/25/11 9:01 am
Preach away, I really do appreciate it.  You have always been there for me before DS encouraging me onward, I appreciate that you are still there for me now.

I know what you say is true.  It's a work in progress, but I am getting better.  I keep a case of water and green tea in the van.  I'm going to have to watch the temps now, though, to make sure they don't freeze.  It really has made a difference, though.  I keep a large bag of beef jerky in the van, too.  These are all there for when I have to rush out and don't have anything prepared to grab and go.

THanks for being there for me.
pktwatch
on 12/25/11 10:31 am
Diane please listen to those who went before us, they know of what they speak!

Switched 9/21/2011 By Dr. Inman
HW    368
SW    328
CW    180

GW 180 (or less to get to a normal BMI)

Diane Davis
on 12/25/11 10:38 am
I do so agree with what you and the rest are saying.  It has just been so hard with the nausea and the life cir****tances I've been facing.

Will work hard on getting my act together, I want to feel well and energetic. 

Back to basics!
Crazeru
on 12/27/11 3:30 pm
Have you started posting daily in the bites & vits?  That's one way of keeping yourself in check with protein and vitamins.  Be honest and try your best.  Is there a support group in your area?  Do they meet monthly?  I know I try to go monthly here in Sacramento and at least 6-8 times a year down to San Francisco for their meeting too.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

Diane Davis
on 12/30/11 4:07 am
Chris, the only support group available close is 45min away and is mainly for lapbands and RNYer's.

There is a DSer support group in Carmel, Indiana, which is 2 1/2 hrs away.  I love that one, but have only been able to go up there 3 times.  Twice before surgery and once afterwards.

I had started posting on bites & vites, but got to where I wasn't able to be online much.  Am hoping that now that things are slowing down a little for me (depending on my folk's health), that I can get on more now.

My husband has a laptop, but he has it all the time for work.  I have a desktop, so while I'm out and running, don't have access to the internet.

Please stick with me, you have no idea how much it helps.
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 596 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 969 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 328 views