Just want to say Hello, been a while!

Diane Davis
on 12/21/11 3:11 pm
Have posted an updated blog of my journey so far.  It will explain why I haven't been on here much since my surgery.

I do miss all of you, and feel so out of touch with all of the newbies.
 My  is Jewels.  Love her very much!            
(deactivated member)
on 12/21/11 3:29 pm
 Diane!! ((hug)) Missed you ♥ Come stop by on the Lido Deck (:

*Off to read your blog*
Diane Davis
on 12/21/11 3:33 pm
Hey Lo, sure have missed talking with you and watching your journey.  Hope you have been well.  I do think of you and others, just haven't been able to be online much.  Update me on how you're doing.  Are you still at your Mom's?  is it going any better?
(deactivated member)
on 12/21/11 3:41 pm
 I'm doing well thank you. I just posted my 6 month update earlier today (: I've made it into the centery club! Still at my Mum's ... we're good most of the time but we have our not so good moments every once in a while LOL Trying to find work is a PITA though. I picked the WORST location to try to find a job, apparently the city I'm in has the highest unemployment rate out of Canada's top 34 cities! Go figure eh lmao
beemerbeeper
on 12/22/11 2:19 am - AL
Ok you need a stern talking to.  You CANNOT keep putting other people before your own health Diane.  You just can't.  It is life or death FOR YOU.  What would your family do if YOU died?

I know it is hard but you just have to look at it as there is NO OTHER OPTION.  You HAVE to get your vites, protein and water even if that means another family member doesn't get something you would like to give them.  Even if they REALLY need it.  Because if you die they will NEVER get what they need from  you again.  EVER.

Not taking care of yourself is not acceptable and there is NO reason good enough.  None.  

Even when Hank's sister was watching her husband die in a hospice bed she still ate, drank and slept.  She still took care of herself.  She had to live for her children AND for herself.  What I am telling you is no different.

How many times do you have to go to the ER to understand this?

Are you listening? 

All said with much love and much concern,

~Becky

Diane Davis
on 12/25/11 9:05 am
Love you Becky.......Point well taken.

Am working on it.  Going to have to start again at the beginning, with the vites and protein shakes.  I am getting my fluids in without difficulty now since I've been carrying them with me.

Keep preaching at me, I'm a work in progress.

I never thought I would be one that would need to be preached to, I have always been so diligent.  Life sure has a way of getting in the way, especially when nausea comes into play.

Love you bunches.
beemerbeeper
on 12/25/11 9:15 am - AL
Diane,

We all are. Works in Progress.

I've gained some weight and my regular jeans are now too tight.  So starting tomorrow I am getting back on the program.  I have to get RID of the candy.  My downfall.

I do well with the protein and vites, but I can't stay away from the chocolate.  So I'll be with you...starting over...

WE can do this TOGETHER.  See you on Bites and Vites on the new forum?

~Becky

Diane Davis
on 12/25/11 9:24 am
I'm going to try again to get on there right now.

It makes me feel good to have someone working on this with me......thank you Becky, you're a wonderful friend!

Hugs!
DarcyMad
on 12/22/11 12:06 am - Cedar Park, TX
We miss you! Now I'm going to go read your blog so I can catch up!  LOL  So glad to see you posting here.

Hugs!
DarcyMad
Surgery Date:  11/15/2010
Jewel506 is my Angel!    Angel to Kristi (Momx4)
Anything that is, or was, began as a dream - Lavagirl 

Larissa P.
on 12/22/11 12:58 am - Denton, TX
Hello again!

I know, I sometimes have to discipline myself to keep posting. Pay if forward because I sure appreciated vets when I was pre-op and newly opped. :)
Duodenal Switch hybrid due to complications.

Click! > DS Documents ~ VitaLady.com ~ DSFacts.com ~ OH DS FB
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 352 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 810 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 270 views