Good Lord!

allraindrops
on 12/21/11 8:55 pm
I get it, I get it, I made the decision to get this surgery on Monday, fully informed of all the risks.....but holy cow I did not expect this amount of diarrhea......I know that staying hydrated is the mos important thing to do and i am trying my damndest to do that (sorry, funky spelling from funky hospital time)and I know that more likely than not the diarrhea will even out but it sure would be nice to hear from people that I will not end up one of those few who suffers from the diarrhea forever.....also how long with sips again? I know, I know, I'm taking it easy!! But staring at a clock all day gives ya a lot of time to think...no buyers remorse....yet! and boy howdy you go under the knife and then wake up and all hell breaks lose on the board!!!! at the time I need the vets the most!
Banded in March 2006, lost 15 and regained 20 lbs, revision to DS on December 19, 2011. Looking forward to loserland!

Updated: Starting weight 260 lbs, current weight 168 lbs (June 6, 2012)....I love my DS!

Sarah_Anne
on 12/21/11 9:21 pm
Your body is pumped full of crap - it is how it gets rid of it.  I remember pooping water for a few days.  Don't worry it gets better.  

Also, as soon as you start taking calcium it gets much much better.  Don't start that for a while though your new stomach needs time to heal.  
 HW 315/ SW 297 /CW 173 /GW 150, size 8/10, 5'8 tall  (Updated December 1)
fullhousemom
on 12/21/11 10:30 pm
 I didnt have that problem at all.  I took something to empty my bowels way before surgery. Maybe your surgeon didnt require it and thats why you have it now?  I didnt have a bm for about 5 days.   I havent heard of too many people having this problem after surgery. Hope you feel better soon!  Recovery is bad enough without this problem to deal with!
southernlady5464
on 12/22/11 12:36 am
On December 22, 2011 at 4:55 AM Pacific Time, allraindrops wrote:
I get it, I get it, I made the decision to get this surgery on Monday, fully informed of all the risks.....but holy cow I did not expect this amount of diarrhea......I know that staying hydrated is the mos important thing to do and i am trying my damndest to do that (sorry, funky spelling from funky hospital time)and I know that more likely than not the diarrhea will even out but it sure would be nice to hear from people that I will not end up one of those few who suffers from the diarrhea forever.....also how long with sips again? I know, I know, I'm taking it easy!! But staring at a clock all day gives ya a lot of time to think...no buyers remorse....yet! and boy howdy you go under the knife and then wake up and all hell breaks lose on the board!!!! at the time I need the vets the most!
I also had what seemed unending diarrhea and yes, I also was clean as a whistle just before surgery...

I found as soon as I moved from full liquids to soft/regular foods, it went away unless I eat too many carbs.

Part of it, liquid in means LIQUID OUT!!!

Liz

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

larra
on 12/22/11 12:59 am - bay area, CA
Congrats on your surgery. Now good grief, give yourself a chance! You had surgery all of 2 days ago and you're worrying about lifelong diarrhea? Come on!
     Your new plumbing needs time to adjust. Think of this as a transition period. Keep on sipping and walking, and let yourself heal.

Larra
beemerbeeper
on 12/22/11 2:10 am - AL
The diahreah will be short lived.  Once you start eating food and taking calicum.  As long as you are on a liquid diet that is what comes out.

I had terrible buyers remorse too.  At 3 weeks I felt horrible.  Well, really I felt horrible for the first 3 weeks, but week 3 was the worst.  I WAS dehydrated.  A quick trip to the ER and one bag of fluids fixed it.

Now I am over 2 years out and my entire life has changed.  There is nothing the same about my life AT ALL from when I was wearing a 3x, and couldn't walk for 15 minutes without thinking I was going to die.

I am on my way to my new boyfriend's house to spend Christmas and packing all my cute size 4 clothes and little nighties!!  What a difference!!!

And yes, this board is dying.  But all you need to do is come over to the new one.  Lots of vets are there including me.  Weight Loss Surgery - Home

Hang in there.  Soon you are going to fall in love with your DS and you will never look back.

~Becky

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 681 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1005 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 338 views