Just want to say Thank you!!!!!

lisarn
on 1/1/12 2:54 pm - Omaha, NE
I'm glad that you found out about all the surgeries and did your research, like any good nurse should do! lol   
I found out about the DS and this site from one of the GI doc's that I work with. His wife had this surgery. He told me that the DS was the ONLY surgery that he agreed to let his wife have after he did the research when she said she wanted surgery. They really weren't doing just the sleeve option back when she had her surgery very much, plus she was diabetic so she really needed the whole DS. After talking to him and his wife, and coming here, I found out so much more about the DS and all the other surgeries. I did go to a couple of other surgeons info meetings in town, to give everyone input. But I always knew I wanted the DS...and I had a great nationally recognized DS expert just miles from my house. It took me about 5 years after first learning about the DS to finally get the courage to do it. And now I kick myself for waiting those years! I could have been healthier earlier! 

If your insurance covers any type of wls but excludes the DS, then you should have a great basis for appealing.

Good luck on this road....it's going to be a great ride!!
HW/SW/CW/GW:   294/288/170.2/150  ht: 5'2" (06/03/2012)

J G.
on 1/1/12 4:53 pm

nurse 55, Congrats!  I wish more ppl would research WLS like you did!

- Jenny

Fade2Pink
on 1/2/12 1:46 am - Salt Lake City, UT
So glad you learned about the DS, like you I had never heard of it, and thankfully I found this board and a surgeon who was very supportive of my decision.  Good luck!
Duodenal Switch 4/29/09
Loving my DS!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 627 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 985 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 335 views