Just want to say Thank you!!!!!

nurse55
on 12/31/11 6:07 pm
DS on 09/11/12
When I began my weigh loss journey, I was sure I wanted the lapband. I am an an RN and thought I knew a little bit about WLS but after lurking and reading for the last 6 months, I have discovered I knew nothing. Next after my physician consult I was told I wanted the RNY. Wrong, after reading and researching and reading the links that the vets post, I made up my own mind about what is right for me and my body!!!!! I just wanted to say Thank You to all that have payed it forward!!!! The surgeon I consulted with that assured me that the RNY was best for me does not perform the DS. I knew about the lapband, the sleeve, and the RNY. I did not know about the DS, and it was never mentioned at any of the seminars or support groups I attended. I am waiting on insurance to kick in then my quest for the DS begins. I started out self-pay, and may have to stay self-pay. Just hoping that the Dr. I have researched will accept self-pay patients incase my insurance will not cover the DS. I believe even if I have to make payments that my health and future are worth it!!!! THANK YOU AGAIN to all that post and enlighten others about the DS!!!

MajorMom
on 12/31/11 6:27 pm - VA
I'm so glad you took the time to read and evaluate. I wish you all the best on this crazy wonderful journey.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

teachmid
on 12/31/11 7:44 pm - OKC, OK
Best wishes on your journey.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

larra
on 1/1/12 1:27 am - bay area, CA
Great job on your research! Your experience with the surgeon and the seminars is typical - they don't even mention the DS because they don't offer it, and they can get away with it because so many patients DON'T do their own research. Pretty sad!
     I hope the insurance kicks in for you, but if not, let us know and we may have suggestions for you for self-pay.

Larra
bigcoop
on 1/1/12 1:57 am - CA
Wishing you the best on your weight loss journey
                                            SEEKING THE SWITCH
                                Bigcoop Duodenalswitch on facebook

(deactivated member)
on 1/1/12 2:45 am
aronsmom
on 1/1/12 3:28 am - Des Moines, WA
I'm also on my way to DS! Unlike you, however, I went ahead with the band several years ago and now am looking at a revision. My insurance denied my band removal request, so I'm in the beginning of the appeals process. Best of luck to you on your journey.

Corrie
Banded March 2005 -awaiting insurance approval for revision
Join me at   weightlosssurgery.proboards.com
Posted Image

* Gail R *
on 1/1/12 5:53 am - SF Bay Area, CA
Congratulations on your decision. I am so glad you found out about the DS. I will be forever grateful to the kind person that directed me toward the best surgery for permanent weight loss and resolution of health problems. Have a speed journey to good health!

~Gail R~  high wt.288,  surg wt 274, LW 143, CW 153,  GW164

MsBatt
on 1/1/12 10:12 am
Good for you! You might also want to check out the link in my signature---there are a lot of long-term vets over there, and a lot of insurance gurus as well.

gak
on 1/1/12 12:28 pm
Revision on 06/21/13
Congrats ! You will love the DS once you have it. It is so common not to be mentioned regularly. Glad you have been persistent.. You will be very happy in the end.

Ginger<><  
 Revision #2 Dr John Rabkin June 21, 2013; First Revision DS - Dr Maguire
  5-18-09; First DS 7-15-2003 Dr Clark Warden = Third time is the charm   

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 354 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 813 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 271 views