Price increase for Dr. Ungson

lisalou79
on 1/4/12 3:53 am - de soto, MO
 Hey all, 

I just wanted to share with everyone the most current prices for DS with Dr. Ungson. 

According to my info. packet that Luz sent me, it's now $16,000 for Lap. DS and $14,000 for open DS.

This does NOT include hotel, plane tickets, meals, or cab expense.(it does cover 4 day hospital stay, surgery, anesthesia, nurses, meds in hospital, and trasport from airport-hotel-hospital and back) 

My plane tickets to Hermosillo roundtrip for my sister and I from St. Louis are about $1700 roundtrip. 

The hotel is $85 a night now and this price does include the recliner, microwave, and fridge.

Meds for post op will be $250-300, depending on exchange rate. 

Just wanted to offer a recent price comparison for self payers thinking of going to Ungson, like me.

Dudette
on 1/4/12 7:49 am - Edina, MN
That actually might be a slight price decrease. I just checked my archived emails and I was quoted 17K for the Lap with Ungson in  Hermosillo back in June of 2011. Open was 14K.

lisalou79
on 1/4/12 9:18 am - de soto, MO
 Did you go with open or lap?
Dudette
on 1/4/12 9:33 am, edited 1/4/12 9:34 am - Edina, MN
I went lap and contracted the surgery through Dr. Aceves. I paid $13K all inclusive. Dr. Aceves also brings in Dr. Ungson as part of his surgical team for DS'es in Mexicali. At least he did with me. That price *included* the cost for Dr. Ungson to be on the surgery team and fly up from Hermisillo for the day.

My preference was for a Lap procedure. I know that some folks say that getting a DS performed open is better in some cases. I will defer to anyone who wants to chime in on that subject. However, I dreaded the thought of a large incision and having my adominal muscles cut up. I had a routine C-section when I was in my mid-20's with my 3rd child. I was in excellent shape at the time, young and not yet obese... and recovering from that surgery was still a real drag.

My Lap DS was nothing like that. My abs were a little tender for a couple days and that was it. My recovery from the lap DS surgery was nothing short of miraculous. I was out running around in the sand dunes in Southern California the very day they let me out of the hospital in Mexicali. I felt like a million bucks!

EDITED TO ADD: My avatar pic was taken the day I was released from the hospital. That's me sitting on that giant sand dune. I climbed all the way to the top by myself despite the fact I was 6 days post-op.

nightowl
on 1/4/12 6:22 pm - Topeka, KS
Thank you for the info.  -- good to know.
goodkel
on 1/5/12 9:02 am
Not bad. My open DS over four years ago was $12k, hotel room, and meds were the same.
Check out my profile: http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/goodkel/
Or click on my name
DS SW 265 CW 120 5'7"

ASLgeek
on 3/1/12 10:33 am - Lakeland, FL
Sorry to open an old thread but does anyone know the contact information for Dr. Ungson? I went to his website and submitted my info but I haven't heardfrom anyone yet. I also contacted Dr. Aceves and have heard from Nina already and have been cleared to have the DS but I also wanted to check out Dr. Ungson since he is the person who taught Dr. Aceves and Dr. Ungson has some highly recommended on these boards.

Thanks in advance for any info you have
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 808 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1080 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 354 views