do you think it's possible?

Ashley O.
on 1/5/12 2:11 pm
http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/vsg/4488412/i-hate-this/

a post i just madein the vsg forum.. i had a vsg back in august.. ive only lost 35lbs... i have so many metabolic issues.. this is what i was worried about.. that i wouldn't lose enough..

i'm following my surgeons plan... and its just... not working.. the weight loss has pretty much stopped.. i seethem again in february.. my surgeon doesn't perform the DS...

after awhile longer of trying at this, trying lower carb intake, more fluids, different meds, whatever i can get to try and make this work.... do you think adding the second part to make my surgery a DS could help me more?

problem is: i'm 16... Not many surgeons will operate on a 16 year old.. i wasso lucky to have the one i did..he truly was amazing.. this isnt anyones fault.. other than me possibly chosing the wrong surgery...

thoughts?

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone is fighting some kind of battle."
~

Check out my blog? (: www.ourfightnow.net
~

MajorMom
on 1/5/12 6:30 pm - VA
I think it's going to have to be pretty compelling to get the DS at 16, I'm sorry. You may have to wait a couple of more years but it is possible. You might start doing some research on www.dsfacts.com . 

I want to say one of our DS post-ops was 18 when she went to Mexico and had hers with Dr Ungson. It may have been Dr Marchesini in Brazil but those are the only 2 I'd recommend.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

yorkieGal
on 1/5/12 10:17 pm - Clermont, FL
Didnt Dr Husted perform surgery on a Teen??

Yorkie xx

Had a band in 2005 at 280lbs, had band removed and DS done on Jan 22nd 08 at 220lbs in Spain, now 135lbs and a size 4!! Happy as a Clam!!Dontcha love the DS? It's the best tool around!!                

(deactivated member)
on 1/5/12 11:56 pm
calendargirl
on 1/6/12 12:39 am - Land of Oz, KS
DS on 04/20/12
Hi Ashley,

Our Jessy on the DS forum had her surgery soon after she turned 17 (self pay with a doctor in Brazil).  You can read her profile here:  http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/jessyw/ .

Perhaps you could try shaking things up a bit as karatemomx4 suggested and see how that works.  I would be inclined to give your VSG a bit more time. 

But certainly you can join the DS boards and read all you can on dsfacts.com to get an idea of the kind of lifestyle that MUST go with it, should you decide to go that way in the future.

Best wishes to you!

C-Girl

Starting Stats: Ht: 5' 0" HW: 242 ~ SW: 229.9 ~ CW: 117 ~ Goal: 124.9 ("normal" BMI)
% EWL @ 03 months: 36%             % EWL
 @ 09 months: 80%
% EWL @ 06 months: 63%             % EWL @ 12 months + 2 weeks: 100%

larra
on 1/6/12 9:14 am - bay area, CA
Ashley, I would recommend consulting with a surgeon who does do the DS to see if that surgeon believes it would help you, and also to see whether or not he/she feels you are an appropriate candidate for the DS.
     You're very young, but some people are mature and able to handle the demands and committment of the DS at a young age, and some people never reach that level of maturity. It's very individual. So I can't say if you are a good candidate or not, only that I wouldn't say no based solely on your age.
    Check out the list of DS surgeons at dsfacts.com. Arrange a consult and take it from there. You ahve nothing to lose by at least looking into it with a qualified, experienced DS surgeon.

Larra
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 624 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 984 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 334 views