Post-op nausea and prescription med

Diane Davis
on 3/8/12 11:20 am
For any of you who know me or remember, I struggled with post op nausea and dry heaves for almost 4 1/2 months after my DS.  I'm now 6 1/2 months out.

My surgeon and i tried everything, did all the tests, couldn't figure out the problem.  I was unable to get all my fluids, protein, and vites in due to the nausea which I had 24/7.

Just wanted to let you know what was discovered to be the culprit.  It was my medication named REQUIP, for restless leg syndrom.

I started eliminating my prescription meds.  When I stopped the requip, my nausea stopped immediately.  My surgeon looked it up this past monday, and nausea was the number 1 side effect.  I had been taking requip for several years, had never had trouble with it before.  My surgeon believes my DS has caused me to absorb the med too much.

I'm back on the protein I'm suppose to be on, get plenty of fluids, and have no problems taking all my vites.
Never give up searching for the reason if you ever have problems like this.
 My  is Jewels.  Love her very much!            
WowMomLol
on 3/8/12 1:12 pm - MI
I'm so glad you found out what was wrong!  I hope everything is much easier for you from here on out. 
nightowl
on 3/8/12 3:52 pm - Topeka, KS
Thank you for this info., and I'm very glad to hear of your improvement.
J G.
on 3/10/12 3:53 pm
Oh, bummer, Diane.  I'm so sorry you had that problem.  It really points out what a help the pharmacist can be.  A call to him/her might have saved you a lot of misery.  Glad you are feeling better now.
J J the Jet Plane
on 3/11/12 12:54 am
Diane
Glad you found out what it was!
Nice to see you online too!
JJ
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 332 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 796 views