Blooooateeed....

Amy W.
on 4/6/12 2:12 pm - Buckeye, AZ
It seems for the last few months I can't eat anything anymore! I'm 7 years out and never had so much bloating/gas. I know I'm lactose intolerant because of the surgery, and I know I can't handle white flour anymore (so I try to go gluten-free and I stopped eating bread). I don't know... this is so weird... it's also reeeeally hard to lose weight now too! I had my son Dec 27, 2011 and had my tubes tied (he's my 3rd child) so I was wondering if this all has something to do with motabolism or something?! Idk... it's just so different now... I feel like I can't eat anything without looking pregnant again! :/

5" 7' -  HW: 328 Current: I stay around 155 :) 
"...Because when you stop and look around, this life is pretty amazing."

MajorMom
on 4/6/12 7:15 pm - VA
There's a probiotic you might try first--Digestive Advantage - Gas Defense. If that doesn't work, perhaps asking Dr K or your PCP to prescribe a round of Flagyl might help put things right again.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Valerie G.
on 4/7/12 7:35 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
 I agree that it sounds like a bacterial imbalance.  Boning up on some probiotics may do the trick.  I get great results from a daily cup of yogurt (I'm only intolerant of straight milk), but there are pills that will give you a good megadose.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Amy W.
on 4/7/12 8:04 am - Buckeye, AZ
Thanks! I'm for surrrrrre getting the Digestive Advantage stuff! I remember seeing it at Walmart. And I'm not sure if yogurt upsets my tummy since I try to stay away from dairy but I'm going to try! I used to love yogurt!
Anyone else have any expiriences/stories/advice?!

5" 7' -  HW: 328 Current: I stay around 155 :) 
"...Because when you stop and look around, this life is pretty amazing."

Jim W.
on 4/8/12 6:53 am - Plano, TX
hmm...  And this stuff works for gas as well?  Or just the bloated feeling?

Jim
Texas - DS - 08/17/2009 - and BTW ladies I am officially single now. 04/2012 
Almost forgetting what it used to be like at 350 to 370lbs.  This is AWESOME!

twodelight
on 4/9/12 9:34 am - Atlanta, GA
Try doing clear liquids for a day and clean yourself out and add the good bacteria back in. I jus had a colonnoscopy last week and had to clear liquids and I feel much better.
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 719 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1026 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 344 views