Weight gain

ezziesmomma
on 4/8/12 4:00 am - Fort Bragg, CA
Hi All, I haven't posted in a long time....I'm 3 years out and truley love my DS... only I'm feeling too comfortable with it and have noticed my weight going up. I have gained about 18 # and am NOT happy with it!! i  JUST can't get myself back with the program!!! HELP!!!!!!!!
I know I need to beef up my protiens, exercise and drink water. Is that ALL??
I had my labs done a month ago and I have an appt with dr Rabkins pa on tues. I feel some tweaking will be in store.
Any  input is welcome.. I'm sure I'm not alone in this...
Thanks all!
Evelyn

-VolsDiva-
on 4/8/12 9:38 am - Orange County :), TN
I gained 20 lbs from my 2 year mark to my 3 year mark. Finally, I cut out the bread and sugar and I have since lost 60. Go figure! Your tool still works, you just got to work it. Good luck!

06/07/12 - Dr. Sauceda LBL, BL/BA, Arm Lift, Fat Transfer and Neck Lift

ezziesmomma
on 4/9/12 11:24 am - Fort Bragg, CA
Thank you for your reply! I'm on it!! It's good to know the tool still works after 3 years! I will be on the wagon!

NoreenRT
on 4/8/12 10:25 am - Warner Robins, GA
hi.  glad to hear from you.  sorry to hear about your weight gain. once you get a plan together, would it help you by being accountable with   posting your intake daily on bites, vites, and exercites?

Noreen  HW 352 / SW 324 / CW 175/ LW/ 148 / GW 150   (achieved Aug 14 '11)

ezziesmomma
on 4/9/12 11:25 am - Fort Bragg, CA
I've never followed the bites and vites... guess it's time!! Thankyou for your input!

(deactivated member)
on 4/8/12 10:08 pm
Get back to basics is the key. Protein, complex carbs and sugar free fluids. Check out MajorMom's Vites Bites & Exercites thread--she posts it daily and it will help you see what others are eating and helps keep you accountable.

You also may want to keep a daily journal for your protein/fluid intake just to see what your good vs. bad habits are. And stay away from the bad carbs and you'll start dropping the weight.
ezziesmomma
on 4/9/12 11:26 am - Fort Bragg, CA
It's back to basics with me! I will follow the vites& bites and see whats going on~ Thankyou for your reply! I will keep up on this!

AmandaID
on 4/9/12 2:08 pm - Shoshone, ID
 Wow, two of you with almost the same post! I'm copying and pasting below what I just answered to the other lady...

I also gained about 15 lbs at 3 years out. It was awful! It did stop, thank goodness, but I also cut down on some of the sugar I ate. We are like normies... the carbs are addictive, and hard to go without, but if you can force yourself to go without for a few days, it will start getting easier and easier. After about two weeks, you'll find your cravings are about gone. Eventually you can add back in a little here and there, without getting back into "carb monster" mode. Make sure you're getting over 100 grams of protein per day. If you get it from food instead of drinks, you'll be fuller and then won't have room to eat the bad foods. Try to replace sugary stuff with sweet fruits, that are still healthy for you. 

I'm not the best person to give this advice, as well know, it's easier said than done, but I was able to stop my weight gain and keep myself in an eight-pound range. When I start to creep to the upper part of the range, I do like what I listed above, and I lose a few. I can never seem to get lower than the bottom of that range, but at least I can keep myself from getting higher!

I noticed people posting about bites and vites. Another good thing to try is www.myfitnesspal.com. It is a good site to track your food, and you can program yours to track your protein and carbs, as well as enter a formula for DS malabsorption. I know I do a lot better when I'm faithfully using it!

Good luck! 

Amanda in ID
DS ~ Dec. 7, 2005, with Dr. Marchesini in Curitiba, Brazil
sw289/lw135/gw137/cw150
PS ~ June 6 & 19, 2008, with Dr. Kuster, Vila Velha, Brazil
check out my website at http://myweb.cableone.net/aeller5/DS/default.htm

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 677 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1005 views