Question??

crazeemarie
on 4/29/12 1:01 pm - Chatsworth, CA
 I had my sleeve done in October 2010 and I've seemed to have plateaued.  I'm wondering if any know if my insurance would cover for the Duedenal switch?  i only have like 40 lbs to go.

Please help!

MsBatt
on 4/29/12 2:45 pm
Probably not, because you're technically a 'success' with your current procedure. According to your ticker, you started out with 109 pounds to lose, and if you've lost 60 pounds you've lost more than 50% of your excess weight.
MajorMom
on 4/29/12 8:25 pm - VA
If you're approaching this as a new WLS you will probably be hard pressed to get insurance coverage with only 50 or so pounds to go. You may have better luck going to Mex or Brazil, self paying and asking Dr Ungson or Marcheseni for the second part of the DS. You should be able to find their contact info on www.DSFacts.com.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Valerie G.
on 4/30/12 11:02 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
 No responsible doc would do the DS on anyone only needing to lose 40 lbs.  To get the DS, you need to be morbidly obese all over again, and I'm sure you don't want to go there

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

NoMore B.
on 4/30/12 10:56 pm
Probably not.  The insurance qualifications for a revision are at least the same, if not more strict, than the initial procedure.  With 40 pounds to lose you're no longer morbidly obese.  

I dont want to come across as "I told you so" to people, but this is one of the key reasons why we say "Think Twice, Cut Once".  The "wait and see how you do" with the sleeve only often results in a scenario like this, someone remaining obese or overweight, and stuck in limbo between not being thrilled with their results, but not being obese enough to qualify for a revision.  u 
WeightNoMoreSherri
on 5/1/12 12:39 pm - St George, UT
 I just realized that I had tears running down my cheeks reading all the stories about the bands and people not losing the weight yet are not heavy enough to get the DS revisions.

When i made my decision in 1999 to have Dr. R. Rabkin I weighed 332 pounds and have weighed 124 for about 10 years. Yet, when I think back everyone tried to get me to get one of the others and thank god I held my guns.

My horror of obesity has ended I wish I could scream to everyone to choose the DS so they will not continue to feel all the emotions that made us heavy in the beginning.

~ Peace, Sherri

Sherri ~ BPD/DS ~ Dr. Robert Rabkin ~ San Francisco ~
                 March 15th, 1999 SW 332 CW 123
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 683 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1005 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 338 views