Today is my 2 Year Surgiversary!!!

Piliper
on 5/4/12 5:56 am
 Wow! Two years? Really? Time has flown by...

I know I've faded from the board, but I wanted to drop a quick update as I remember how encouraging these were as a pre and newly post-op. I had surgery one month after the birth of our first child. It was tough timing, but in the end was worth it. I have had 2 years of pure joy and now spend my days chasing my son around the backyard, following him down the slide at the playground and jumping into the pool with him without shame. I wouldn't change a thing about it... except I would have done it sooner if I had the chance!

Basic info: I was 383 a month before my surgery and dropped into the 150s within a year. I weighed two days ago and was 157. I'm 6'0 by the way. Went from a size 60 waist to a 30. XXXXL shirt to small. But I have to say that my greatest joy is found when I sit down on an airplane and pull that seatbelt tight with about 18" extra material. No more extenders and embarrassment trying to squeeze into that seat. Love it!

Life is great. My marriage is healthy and being a father is the greatest joy of my life. I love knowing that I'm a husband and father that my family can be proud of. If you're considering the DS... DO IT! I've never had a regret!

Here's a recent picture of me:
Photobucket
MajorMom
on 5/4/12 8:36 am - VA
Happy surgiversary! What a great update.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

teachmid
on 5/4/12 9:06 am - OKC, OK
WOW!! What a great Picture!!
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

Piliper
on 5/4/12 10:17 am
 Thanks! It's been quite a ride! I've actually convinced a man at my work to get the DS! He's late 50s and has significant health problems due to his weight. When I shared with him about my surgery he was floored. I showed him pictures of me at 380+ and said, "That was just 2 years ago." He's now on the path to a new and healthier life!

The most shocking thing is HOW MUCH I CAN EAT! I eat soooo much and don't gain a pound. I've become quite the BBQ/smoker expert. I can eat so much protein and just maintain, maintain, maintain...

SW: 383 GW: 180 CW: 157

Candace Sparkles
on 5/4/12 3:15 pm
You look fantastic!! Congrats!!

My DS

100% EWL achieved!

sw 291/cw 134/gw 145 (Resetting goal to 135!) (resetting yet again to 120!)

mylittleblackdress
on 5/5/12 12:20 pm - FL
Great to hear from you!  You look great!  You've come a long way in two years!
Lisa
Jolly Rancher
on 5/6/12 11:02 pm
This sounds wrong, but damn, you're pretty.

Great update. Glad things are going well!
Janice

320/170/150
SW/CW/GW
Fade2Pink
on 5/7/12 1:21 am - Salt Lake City, UT
You look so great!  You not only lost the weight, but you look so YOUNG!  It sounds like things have gone well for you, I recall when you were getting your DS you were looking at relocating and getting a new job AND having a baby.  What a whirlwind 2 years you have had.  Congrats on your weight loss success and I'm so happy you and your family are doing well.
Duodenal Switch 4/29/09
Loving my DS!!

duncans
on 5/7/12 12:43 pm
Wow! You look fit and fantastic! Good for you! Good for your entire family! Yeah!!!!

PlumFaerie
on 5/9/12 8:41 am
wowzers! you look fantastic! congratulations on your family as well. thank you for the inspiration and encouragment
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 680 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1005 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 338 views