Monthly Vitamin Costs/ Shakes

stephanieplum
on 5/14/12 10:17 am
VSG on 06/27/12
 I'm wondering what your monthly vitamin expenses are? And, does anyone use Herbalife?  I'm meeting with a surgeon on the 24th...very excited!!! 
Janine P.
on 5/14/12 12:58 pm - Long Island, NY
I don't know about my monthly vitamin expenses because I buy them individually as I need them, but when I place orders with Vitalady, they run me about $175 and that's every 8 to 12 weeks or so.  One of my vitamins (Proferrin) is very expensive, though, so that's a big reason why.  It's also not 100% necessary.  I use it because I am very cautious with my iron.  There are cheaper ways.

The protein powder; I use 2 1/2 scoops a day and I go through 1 tub every 15 or 20 days.  Each tub of my protein powder (Syntrax Nectar Sweets) is a little under $40. 

I don't use Herbalife.

Good luck with the surgeon!

Janine   Me on Youtube 

MajorMom
on 5/14/12 7:48 pm - VA
Unless Herbalife can stack up against Sytrax Nectar nutritional label, I wouldn't go there. Not sure how much it costs.

I buy most everything from Vitalady and take advantage of free shipping once my order reaches $300. She has a DS starter package for DS on her site and you can order sample protein powders to try out. I use a lot of Syntrax Nectar shakes and IDS MultiPro vanilla-cinnamon for my coffee. My husband and son use shakes too, so I really don't even know how much to tell you I use.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

teachmid
on 5/15/12 6:25 am - OKC, OK
If you look back through this forum you'll find this a a topic that's covered repeatedly.

Some women at work are using herbalife. I compared and it is not near enough protein and too much carbs for DS'ers.

I get my dry vits from Vitalady and the rest by shopping around. I probably average about 75-100 per month on vits, but could probably do better is if I shopped around,

I go through 2 large tubes of champion protein powder a month...about 90 online.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

Valerie G.
on 5/15/12 9:08 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
 I average around $40/month for vitamins by stocking up on BOGO sales on the cheap stuff.  I don't drink protein shakes.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

stephanieplum
on 5/15/12 9:16 am
VSG on 06/27/12
 Thanks for all the responses:). Gives me lots to think about!
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 725 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1027 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 344 views