Finally hit my 100 lbs. lost...

Carolyn T.
on 5/22/12 9:17 am
Whooohoo!!  Just have to yell it from the rooftops, I finally reached the 100 pounds lost mark!  I still have a bit to go to goal, but I am so glad the scale if finally moving again in the right direction.  I know I don't get on here and post as much as I should (maybe that would help me), but I have been at such standstills, not gaining, but not losing, and it was very depressing.  This little movement started a week or two ago, got on the scale and was down a pound, then a few days later, another pound, then yesterday, woke up and weighed and down like 3 pounds (all together), and hit my 100... whooohoooo!  So happy.

I do want to add though, (hoping some of you can give me some advice), I haven't been feeling very well lately.  I am so tired lately, I feel like I can hardly move.  About 3 months ago, I did have blood work done and posted it on here (and thank you for the help), and it did show my vitamin D3 was very low, my calcium levels and I needed more protein, so since then I have gotten myself on the Vitalady's plan, (I buy my vites from assorted places, but take what she recommends), and have done somewhat better, especially when I am really good and don't miss anything.  But, I have days where I just feel horrible, weak, listless, and sometimes, like today, have a metallic taste in my mouth.  Does anyone have a clue what could be wrong?  I am going back to my PCP and have more bloodwork in about a week to follow up from before and see if anything has improved. 

Thanks all and I am going to try and post before and afters soon. 
Carolyn

MajorMom
on 5/22/12 10:03 am - VA
Congratulations -- Century Club!

The items that come to mind with what you're describing are low iron/ferritin, B12, protein or D3. The metallic taste in your mouth--dehydration or ketosis.  Keep us posted if you get some tests run.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

beemerbeeper
on 5/22/12 11:38 am - AL
Make sure you get ALL the labs VitaLady recommends run.  Some of these docs don't GET that we need to see all those labs.

Are you dehydrated?  How much protein are you getting a day?  How much fluids?

~Becky

Granny_Rue
on 5/22/12 12:00 pm - LINCOLN, NE
 Congrats on the -100 pounds.  WAY TO GO!!!!!!!

I'm glad you took the plateau/standstill in stride and kept on keeping on.  Yea!
Carolyn T.
on 5/23/12 1:19 am
Thanks everyone...I've wondered about my dehydration, but I drink alot!  I start out everyday with a 24 oz coffee with cream, then go to water and drink a couple of 20 oz bottles of water at work, then normally have about 2 more 24 oz waters at home at night.  I do put in Crystal Light to my water, but most of the time, that is all I drink.  Recently, I have been having a few large 1/2 cut teas from McDonalds, (love their tea), with splenda.  But I only do that maybe once a week or two, not too much and sometimes I have a diet cherry limeade from Sonic...love those too.  And, sometimes I drink tomato juice (doctor told me too, for my weak feelings sometimes). 

As for my protein, I don't "count" it as much as I should, (I did this morning just because you all made me a bit more aware and at the moment I am out of my protein powder), so for breakfast,  I had a mock monte cristo sandwich, (low carb bread, 3 slices lean ham slices, cheese, dipped in egg and fried with Pam, drizzled with SF iHOP pancake sryrup, (if you haven't tried this, it is delish), anyway, that was 25 grams of protein, and 12 grams of carbs, so have to watch the carbs for the rest of the day.  I am trying really hard because I hate feeling like this.

I will post my bloodwork result as soon as I have them again and will keep you all updated.  Thanks again, it is so wonderful to have friends like you to be able to count on!

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 677 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1005 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 338 views