Two weeks left till Show Time!

Scooter725
on 9/13/12 10:35 pm - Elko, MN
VSG on 02/15/13
My surgery is only 2 weeks away... scheduled for Fri Sept. 28th at the UofM with Dr. Leslie. Nothing scares me. Nothing. I am a hard ass. Or I used to be.... I have been a nervous wreck the past few days. I have been gagging on almost everthing I put in my mouth to eat, have not been eating 5 or 6 times a day like I have been doing for the past 6 months (I am afraind I am going to gain a few lbs before my final weigh in next Wednesday), I have cried my self to sleep three times (once during the day), have thrown up twice from being so upset and have worked myself into a diarreah frenzie yesterday and today.

PLEASE tell me I am still half-flippin normal!
And what I would do to smell someone's cigarette right now. 6 weeks smoke free as of yesterday.

"Life is like a coin. You can spend it any way you choose, but you can only spend it once."~ Lillian Dickson

I'm on my weigh!!!!!!!!!!!!!          Join us on the Lightweights Board  

Onelifetolive
on 9/14/12 7:35 am - TX

Hey girl your one bad motor scooter, lol.  Your fine, we all are going to worry, hell you might have ibs if your vomitting and have diarreah.  I have no clue nor was i trying to diagnois you.  My surgery is the following Monday have faith and you will be fine.  As far as normal that I'm not so I cant tell you whats normal or how it looks.  Best of luck, I will pray for your anxiety and a safe surgery. Hold on I'm calling Jesus.  LOL

Scooter725
on 9/14/12 9:50 am - Elko, MN
VSG on 02/15/13
It's nerves not IBS. I have only been like this the past pew days . Wishing you well in you surgery and thanks for making that phone call for/with me  

"Life is like a coin. You can spend it any way you choose, but you can only spend it once."~ Lillian Dickson

Onelifetolive
on 9/14/12 11:23 am - TX
I know u dont have IBS it was a bad joke.  Anytime on making that call.  Please message me and let me know how ur surgery went, I wish u the best.
Andreagoeldner
on 9/14/12 8:21 pm
DS on 10/15/12
 I am looking forward to hearing all about how things go with dr, Leslie. I really have liked him both times I met him.  He gave me a loss of 15 lbs prior to surgery with no gain and I'm right there with you on not wanting to gain back.  I'm at 19 lbs down... But his next surgery date at Abbott is oct 15 as of right now...
2renee
on 9/18/12 5:36 am - Ottawa, Canada
DS on 08/28/12

My surgery was three weeks ago today and I went through the same thing pre-surgery.  When the date got confirmed, I started a little "oh I better have that now because I won't be able to have it later"   but at some point before surgery, I sort of started to feel sick just thinking about food.  My head wanted to eat everything but nothing really tasted very good.    At this point just breath and keep yourself busy.  It is a huge change and a serious surgery so yes it is normal to be nervous.

Good luck

Renee

Scooter725
on 9/18/12 9:36 am - Elko, MN
VSG on 02/15/13
Thanks for the replies. I'm not as nervous this week. Tomorrow, I have my weigh in with the nurse, my Patient Learning Class and supposedly my Anesthia Class that they are trying to squeese me into.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 952 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1158 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 417 views