Opinions on DS being done in Mexico

rameeguy
on 9/27/12 10:03 am - Newnan, GA
 I'm finally at a point where I can financially go through one of the all inclusive agencies to have my DS done for cash in Mexico. Has anyone done this in this forum and if so can you gove me your personal review and who you used? Thanks.
Valerie G.
on 9/27/12 10:40 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
 Before you sign up with an agency, call Dr. Ungson or Aceves first.  I know that Dr. Ungson has someone tho will make all those arrangements without the extra added cost.  I'll bet Dr. Aceves has something like that too.  Don't consider any other surgeon in MX than these two.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

its-killen-me
on 9/27/12 2:26 pm - Selkirk, Canada
DS on 06/14/12
I used Dr. Jamie Ponce de Leon in Tijauana.  I am doing great and am down 65 lbs in 3 months.  The Hospital (not clinic) was spotless and the surgical team and nurses were great. He charges $8000.00 everything included except flights.  Dr. Ponce was on the tv show 16:9, It showed the hospital and his operating room etc.  You can PM me for more info, I will send you his patient co-ordinators information.  You would fly to San Diego and they pick you up and take you to the hospital (you can take a compainion). The ds surgery is done Laproscopically and he uses Titanium staples.  The whole procedure is recorded for you on a dvd for you to take home. You see what the scope shows.  Barb. 
Dr. Jamie Ponce de Leon - Medical guide Laurie Wolf Received money Never showed up - Only thing booked were flights.  Surgeon and Medical team, and hospital were awesome .  There is another Medical guide named Trish she is good.  PM me for info.    
jennyrenny
on 9/28/12 12:46 am - Canada
DS on 08/11/12
I had Drs. Aceves and Ungson do my DS in August. I love Dr. Aceves. I only met Dr. Ungson once on the morning of surgery, but I assume he is an amazing surgeon too. The care I received in the hospital was second to none. I think if you look on my page you will see my review of Dr. Aceves. They arrange everything for you, all you have to do is book your flight to and from SanDiego. If you want more info feel free to PM me.

HW: 365, SW (August 11, 2012): 351

rameeguy
on 9/28/12 5:09 am - Newnan, GA
What is the average cost when you go through them directly?  (If  you don't mind my asking,)
usandall
on 9/28/12 4:03 pm
I used Dr Ungson here are 2 email address I have on him [email protected] and [email protected].  I was a light wt.  He requires you invest in the procedure you must stay ten days.  I am a nurse background ICU and Recovery.  Graduated from Loyola University in 1992 and have been around the block a few times.  I can only say good things about my procedure and care.  Since I was a light wt my ds was catered to me.  He used the hess method and all I can say is I am very happy.  I had my surgery on 2/14/12 and wt 206-207 and have lost 50 plus pounds wearing a ten and hope to lose more.  Healed well no problems.  There are a lot of butchers out there be careful he is the only one suggested in Mexico.  I am very logical thinking and I did so much research and to be very honest I was in the best hands I could have been.  I wish you the best of luck if I can assist in answering any questions please send me a message.  You will never regret it but it does take a commitment.
Donna
rameeguy
on 9/30/12 11:08 am - Newnan, GA
 I actually went through my 3 month doctors supervised insurance requirement back in oct of 2009- January 2010. It was what I was told my last chance at being able to have a baby. (12 years of marriage and we had no luck). I was approved for my DS on a Friday and found out I was pregnant on Monday. Needless to say the DS was put off. That same month my husband lost his job and we haven't had insurance since. (He has a job now but we cannot afford the 250/2 weeks premium they want.). My mom, who has been battling cancer since February of 2011 left me a life insurance policy and requested I not put off having the surgery. Since its not that much insurance money, I have been trying to do some research on having it performed in Mexico. I'm ready for the commitment. My bones ache from all the extra weight (250lbs) and I want to be able to chase my miracle son around! Thank you all for the information. 
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 332 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 796 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 268 views