Question for a friend....

Tonya E.
on 10/10/12 9:52 am
 A friend of mine,  Kristy, has been over weight her whole life. Here and I have been really good friends for years. She too is looking at geting the DS done but has had some questions and can't seem to find answers to them. SO I told her I would ask you guys to see if I couldn't help her get answers. 

Kristy is over 300 lbs. and is having some serious health issues. She has had a lot of blood work among other test done over the past 4 months, as well as, being on a weight loss program with her doctor for at least a year if not longer. I'm not sure what it all consisted of, but I do know she gained and lost weight the whole time. She went to the seminar with me and signed up to have her first conseltaion for the end of the month. 

Her major question is her insurance. She has tried to call her insurance, which is medicaid, to figure out what is needed for her to get approved. However they need a code. She then tried to call the surgeons office to ask them for either the coad or what she needed. She was told a code, however it was a wrong one, and that she would have to do six months of monitered weitloss monitering, but that the stuff she has already done could possibly pass for that. 

Kristy is freaking out trying to get things taken care of for her appointment. (She is and always has been very organized) Does any have madicaid? and if so could you please give me any advie so I can pass it along to her? Thank you!
You are braver than you think, stronger than you believe, and more beautiful than you could ever imagine!     
smileyjamie72
on 10/10/12 3:04 pm - Palmer, AK

You never mentioned the STATE yo were looking for.... for the medicaid question.

Also, All I did, was use the wikipedia, and typed in duodenal switch.... here is the link to that page, the ICD-9 biiling code is there, too... on the right hand side
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duodenal_switch

RNY 2/26/2002                           DS 12/29/2011
HW 317                                     SW 263 BMI 45.1
SW 298                                     CW 192 BMI 32.9~60% EWL
LW 151 in 2003  
TT 4/9/2003

Normal BMI 24.8 is my GOAL!!!

GBP (RNY) 2/26/02 298 lbs, TT 4/9/03 151 lbs, DS 12/29/11
HW 317 SW 263 BMI 45.1/CW 192 BMI 32.9/GW 145 ~ Normal BMI 24.8
**Revision Journey started 3/2009 Approved 12/12/11**

Tonya E.
on 10/13/12 6:49 am
 Wow, I apologize.. Kristy lives in Idaho... Thanks for your reply. God Bless. 
You are braver than you think, stronger than you believe, and more beautiful than you could ever imagine!     
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 946 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1158 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 408 views