Does this mean what I think??

myahsmommy
on 10/27/12 6:13 am - OH
DS on 12/18/12

So, drs office sent paperwork out Oct. 15.  Yeah, that's not even quite two weeks...  I called Thursday to see if they had anything scanned in yet, but nothing yet.  Drs office called Friday afternoon.  "This is Jaime, I'd like to schedule your surgery..." Does this mean that the insurance company has approved me????  I'm a newbie, but I wouldn't think they'd schedule without the approval, right??  I'm so excited at the possibility that I cried.  Anybody help me out with this?  Thanks!

Valerie G.
on 10/27/12 7:46 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Maybe yes, maybe no.  I see some phone calls in order for Monday.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

2renee
on 10/27/12 11:14 pm - Ottawa, Canada
DS on 08/28/12

From a few posts I have seen, you want to make sure you have something in writing from your insurance confirming you have been pre-approved before you proceed.

puppysweets1
on 10/28/12 3:20 am - CA

Friday phone messages sometimes make for a very long weekend. Hope you get the answer you want on Monday.

RNY to DS  210 lbs gone for 5 years.

Jaiart
on 10/28/12 10:19 pm - MI
Yes they will attempt to schedule pending auth. It happened to me and I had to reschedule but the wait was only 24 hrs. Make sure they have approval before you go cause if not the ins can deny the claim.
myahsmommy
on 10/29/12 5:40 am - OH
DS on 12/18/12

I GOT APPROVED!!!!  angry   Now just have to work out the financing part. Uhg...

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 679 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1005 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 338 views