I'm scared...

Tonya E.
on 1/3/13 3:11 pm

I have surgery on Monday at 7 in the morning. I have to be there at 5:45... For that past two weeks I have been keeping my self pretty busy making sure everything is ready to go. Now that I am only a few short days away though my mood has changed. I am scared out of my mind! I have never been so nervous about anything in my whole life! I so badly wish is was Tuesday morning already.... 

You are braver than you think, stronger than you believe, and more beautiful than you could ever imagine!     
MicheleNJ
on 1/3/13 3:17 pm
DS on 04/01/13

I am wishing you all the best it will come around faster then you think. Just think this is the beginning of your new life. Good luck and you will be fine.

Michele 

MajorMom
on 1/3/13 6:36 pm - VA

Hang in there. You can do this!

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

MsBatt
on 1/3/13 7:34 pm

If I could take your scared away, I would. I didn't get scared until the day before---and even then, I wasn't scared for ME, but for my dog. Halfway to Nashville (about 2 hours from home), I asked my mom to take care of my dog should anything go wrong. My mom quickly informed me I wasn't allowed to die---she's already spent too much money on this. (My mom fronted me the $7500 my insurance didn't pay for the DS. I could have had an RNY FOR FREE.)

I made it through just fine, as did my mom and my dog. (*grin*)

on 1/3/13 9:17 pm
Congratulations on your up coming surgery, don't be scared you will do just fine. I wish you a fast recovery. Making room for you on the losers bench.

VSG TO DS REVISION 

Jaiart
on 1/3/13 10:26 pm, edited 1/4/13 6:25 am - MI
You sound like you're just scared enough. Think of it this way, in school if you weren't scared you weren't ready for the tests. If you were too scared you weren't ready for the tests. So if you've done your research, prepared as best you can... You are just scared enough and insha'Allah, will be just fine.

southernlady5464
on 1/3/13 10:33 pm

Being scared is normal....you are getting ready to do something most people would never do...volunteer to get healthy.

Just use this weekend to stay busy "nesting" so when Monday gets here, you know everything is ready for you to come home to a clean house, fresh laundry, etc.

Liz

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

2renee
on 1/4/13 12:47 am - Ottawa, Canada
DS on 08/28/12

What is it that has you scared exactly?  The surgery itself?  Post-op life?  Are you excited as well?   Try and go for a walk or do something else physical on the weekend and listen to your body and how everything is sore and you are huffing and puffing with exertion.  That feeling will be gone in no time.  It's the best feeling.    Mindset counts for a lot when you are going through surgery so try to find your happy place.

Good luck on Monday.  I will be thinking of you and let us know how you are.

puppysweets1
on 1/4/13 3:52 am - CA

Freaking out before a major surgery is perfectly normal.  This time next year the new skinnier healthier you will be celebrating!

Crazeru
on 1/4/13 4:34 am

Try and think of the positive reasons that you are having the DS.

Mine were to hopefully get rid of my diabetes, HBP, cholesterol issues and the weight was an extra bene.  That all happened.   Prayers sweetie.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 942 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1156 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 408 views