The Good and The BAD.... please help!

Tonya E.
on 1/13/13 6:05 am

Good news is I have lost 14 lb..! I am so excited about that. I had my surgery this last Monday the 7th. So 14 lbs. is amazing. The bad news is I feel like I'm not getting the nourishment I need. I have that feel one gets when they having eaten for a while and your body starts to feel shaky and your get irritable. I am drinking tons of liquid and my full amount of protein but still feel really weak and just down right icky. Is this normal? and is it ok? Even more how do you get ready of the shaky feeling?

You are braver than you think, stronger than you believe, and more beautiful than you could ever imagine!     
6penningtons
on 1/13/13 6:53 am - MO
DS on 12/12/12

I am one month out, and it sounds like you are doing great really.  At one week I could barely get in my fluids.  I am not able to get my fluids, but barely get 30 grams of protein each day.  I have found one thing that makes me feel better is to grab a bite or two of something at least every 2 hours.  If I go longer than that I really feel sick, crampy and cranky!  :)

Age: 34; Ht: 5'2; High Wt: 190; Goal Wt: 120; DS by Dr. Lopez 12/12/12

Tonya E.
on 1/13/13 7:35 am
Thank you so much for the advice!
You are braver than you think, stronger than you believe, and more beautiful than you could ever imagine!     
shannn
on 1/13/13 9:28 am - Knoxville , TN

So normal!! Drink as much as you can. For me, the shaky feeling came on when I stood up too quickly or when my blood sugar was dropping. I felt better if I drank some gatorade or sometimes just when I rested. You actually sound like you're doing well!!

~shannon
"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." ~E. Roosevelt

(Ticker includes 11 pounds lost in pre-op diet.) 

Valerie G.
on 1/13/13 11:10 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

I felt very weak and listless for a good 6 weeks before it turned around.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 942 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1156 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 408 views