Full Liquid Diet

Tonya E.
on 1/13/13 12:27 pm

How long were you on the full liquid diet after you were released from the hospital? The reason I ask is mine is two weeks, but a friend of mine who also had the DS just by a different doctor was required to do it for three. We were just wondering if there was a reason behind the length of it. released

You are braver than you think, stronger than you believe, and more beautiful than you could ever imagine!     
Valerie G.
on 1/13/13 12:35 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

I was on it for one day.  I was eating soft food before I even left the hospital.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Tonya E.
on 1/13/13 12:43 pm

Wow! that is so interesting. Thanks for sharing. It's kind of interesting to me to see how different doctors do things. 

You are braver than you think, stronger than you believe, and more beautiful than you could ever imagine!     
Trish06
on 1/13/13 11:07 pm
DS on 12/06/12

Hi,

I was on it for 2 weeks but I'm almost 6 weeks out and still feel better if I stick to liquids then solid food for some reason.

Trish

DS 12/06/12 Dr Kemmeter

Plastics with Dr. Sauceda 8/14/2014

Lbl, bl/ba, al, tl, fl

HW/255  SW/239  CW/129

PattyL
on 1/14/13 12:25 am

I had no restrictions postop at all.  But there can be a real reason for the diet progression.  Some docs use a val-trac ring for the intestinal anastamosis.  If they use the ring, the manufacturer says 3 weeks full liquids.

PSaadallah
on 1/14/13 12:29 pm - Arlington, TX
DS on 12/15/12

I had clear liquids for a week, "cloudy" liquids for two weeks and am now on pureed foods for two weeks.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 1049 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 9 replies · 1207 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 501 views