pain meds

gwen41502
on 4/11/13 12:59 am

how long did u need really strong pain meds? just curious i know everyones answers will be different..also this is for those who went from virgin to duo or went from band to duo lol

jzwife
on 4/11/13 2:35 am

I just had a revision done and also had a hernia repair. I used oxycodone in the hospital then at home for an additional 3 days- a total of 7 days then used liquid tylenol . I try not to use anything but on occasion I will go back to the liquid tylenol if I have done to much and I am sore.

allegedlylisa
on 4/11/13 2:50 am

I was a virgin DSer.  I was off the morphine pump in the hospital after the 2nd day and switched to hydrocodone, which I would usually only take at night.  Then, I was sent home with a prescription for hydrocodone, and I only took those at night to help sleeping be more comfortable.  Ohhhh - what I wouldn't give for some hydrocodone now, LOL

Lisa

determineddanni
on 4/11/13 6:26 am

I had a pain pump when I woke up, I had it for less than 24hrs. I never remember wanting to pu**** ever, my nurse made me press it whenever she was taking me to the bathroom. I think that was only twice. I think I only was on the pain pump for about 18 hours or so. Then I was switched to Toradal right before my discharge the next day. I love that stuff (basically a strong Tylenol). I then was released and given children's Tylenol and that is all I used because I am sensitive to other pain meds like the loratab family. I only took two doses a day of children's Tylenol because I hated that sweet taste so bad after surgery because my taste buds were so off whack! I didn't really have pain it was more like discomfort from being bloated up from the lap surgery. Then again I have a higher pain tolerance too :) So YMMV

HW 259          SW 256          CW 141       GW 150

hollykim
on 4/11/13 6:27 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

I am 5 weeks out from converting from VSG to Ds and really only used strong medicine for 2 days,then I was switched to a sublingual which i used for the rest of my stay in MX. I think it was more of a prescription strength Motrin or something cause it didn't know me out. by one week post op i was taking Motrin only as I needed it about 2 times a day typically.

NYer
on 4/11/13 9:33 am

All I was offered was liquid pain meds.  It was SO awful that I only took one dose in the hospital.  I never took it at home.

I just can't imagine being in enough pain to justify taking that stuff again.  blech

Valerie G.
on 4/11/13 12:46 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

I only recall needing them for about a week when I got home.  I did a few days all day, then weaned down to only taking them at bedtime.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

gwen41502
on 4/12/13 2:37 am

thanks ladies i had the lap band and did really well was up walking etc fast and it helped with the gas too lol...im just worried ill be in a pain that i cant manage..i have 4 kids 18, 15, 7 and almost 2 so worried that i cant keep up with them is the most worrisome :)

BrightsideSusan
on 4/15/13 8:50 am - Pleasanton, CA

I had the BPD-DS and was off the meds by the time I left the hospital - really no pain except  the occasional twinge.  Having my gallbladder out was worse for me! 

Hope yours goes as painlessly as mine! 

BrightsideSusan
HW310 CW143 GW150

BPD-DS on October 24, 2012

fitnessfoodlife.blogspot.com

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 333 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 799 views
Need help for my mom