Dr David Greenbaum in New Jersey any patients

maxie1
on 5/21/13 12:01 pm - PA
RNY on 06/10/13

He called me also right before Christmas.  tina did call the insurance they told her they know who i am i am on the pile and they will get to me.. nice.. they dont have to start liquid diets or get advanced leave from work..  what was the name of the shakes you drank?   what surgery did you have?

susan                                                                                                
tucnamacska
on 5/24/13 1:18 am - NJ

I had open DS with Greenbaum on 3/25/13. The surgery seemed to go very well, but my recovery has been much harder than expected. I've had severe nausea/vomiting since surgery that's just starting to get better now at almost 9 weeks. From what I've heard here and from the FB group, I've been lucky. The nausea has lasted for up to a year for some people. Dr. Greenbaum has a great bedside manner, but I feel like he didn't take me seriously about this issue in the beginning. It wasn't until I went back to him at 7 weeks still throwing up 10 times a day that he seemed to pay attention as it is affecting my ability to hold down fluids, take vites and get in protein. 

That said, I think he's an excellent surgeon. My scar is huge, but parts of it are already fading. I've lost almost 50 lbs. I had no problems with his staff. I found them to be very kind and helpful especially with disability ppw, etc. I would not hesitate to recommend him as a surgeon.

maxie1
on 5/28/13 8:56 am - PA
RNY on 06/10/13

Thank you for your input.. I am scheduled with him for June 10th.. started my liquid diet having a hard time with it.. what did you have on your liquid diet I hear they are all different.

susan

susan                                                                                                
zix
on 5/28/13 9:39 am - PA
DS on 02/13/12

I had Dr Greenbaum for my DS last February. I had no unexpected problems from the surgery or recovery. I'm not at goal weight yet but I'm down about 130 lbs from my high weight and wearing sz 10 pants so life isn't too bad. 

The 2 weeks of shakes sucks, no doubt about it, but just try to get through as best you can. Assuming he still gives what he gave me, the shakes are serving size packets of Champion Ultramet meal replacements. I picked a mix of chocolate, vanilla, strawberry and banana. You would not drink these post surgery as they are pretty high in carbs. 

maxie1
on 5/28/13 10:32 am - PA
RNY on 06/10/13

thank goodness what do you drink after surgery... they only had vanilla and bannana for me they were out of chocolate... trouble getting them down.. especially three of them..

susan                                                                                                
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 384 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 841 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 272 views