My kids won't let me die!

Lynda D.
on 5/21/13 6:42 am

Dammit! Rotten kids!

My adult daughter and son both told me recently that I need to live to see them married and to be a grandmother to their children.  Both my son and daughter approached me separately to tell me what they were feeling. Neither one knew of the other's conversation with me. It rattled me. That both kids would approach me individually and say basically the same thing to me is unnerving to say the least.

I have no plans to die anytime soon, but I was recently diagnosed with nonalcoholic fatty liver disease. My doctor says I won't make it out of my sixties if I don't lose weight. I'm currently forty-five years old.

I know what my future holds if I don't lose the weight but, dear God, having surgery scare the hell out of me. To be honest, I absolutely DO NOT want another surgery, but I can't very well hurt my kids, now can I?

So, I guess I'm moving forward with this. My hypothyroidism is almost under control (the surgeon wanted that problem resolved before surgery), and tonight I'm doing a sleep study to test for sleep apnea. After I get the results from the sleep study, I'll make an appointment with the surgeon and go from there. 

I just hope it all works out well. 

Lynda

First Surgery Date: November 5, 2005
Surgery Type: RNY--Proximal
Height: 5' 3"
Beginning Weight: 250 lbs.
Lowest Weight: 125 lbs.
Current Weight: 230 lbs. Seeking Revision to DS

Irishnurse
on 5/21/13 10:32 am
DS on 04/17/13

Prayers your way!

SW-340, CW-164, GW-150, 14 pounds to go...

PeteA
on 5/21/13 11:41 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

You can do it. One step at a time. The fear can paralyze you - don't let it. Do little victories, the sleep study is a good step. I hated having the test but I love that I feel better the next day when I use the CPAP machine they gave me. Good luck.

HW 552 CW 198 SW 464 4/15/13 - Lap DS by Dr. Philip Schauer - Cleveland Clinic.

Lynda D.
on 5/23/13 7:55 am

My husband has sleep apnea, and I remember the difference it made in his energy level once he started using A CPAP machine. 

I won't know the results of my sleep study till June 3rd, and I'm kinda hoping I do have sleep apnea. I started having a lot of tachycardia and weird episodes of shortness of breath a couple of years ago. Had a stress test and a bunch of other tests done and there is absolutely nothing wrong with my heart. Then I started waking up a lot at night, many times gasping and with my heart pounding. My endo, who is the most amazing woman alive, insisted I had a sleep study done. I didn't want to spend the money so I put it off. But I got tired of the interrupted sleep and the heart palpitations and tachycardia, so I broke down and did the sleep study two nights ago.

Now I'm glad I did because my husband got laid off today and we will only have insurance until August 1st. I have until then to get the CPAP supplies if I need them. 

First Surgery Date: November 5, 2005
Surgery Type: RNY--Proximal
Height: 5' 3"
Beginning Weight: 250 lbs.
Lowest Weight: 125 lbs.
Current Weight: 230 lbs. Seeking Revision to DS

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 357 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 815 views