Something's not sitting right......

meq815
on 5/27/13 12:13 pm - PA

I am 4 weeks post op today.  I was so hungry and feeling so good, I guess I got a little ****y.  I thought the chicken in a Lean Cuisine would be soft.  It was not.  But it smelled so good.  I took 2 little teensy nibbles- I mean teensy, just enough to hold between my front teeth.  I chewed forever.  My belly has been in an uproar ever since, and that was 3 hours ago.....

I wonder if I'll ever eat real food again.....

jashley
on 5/27/13 1:41 pm
DS on 12/19/12

That is strange.  Unless there is something in that meal that has carbs or sugar. 

You are 1 month out.  Aren't you eating meat now?  Like chicken, fish, tofu, etc.

Irishnurse
on 5/27/13 1:45 pm
DS on 04/17/13

It is so strange how everyone and everyone's surgeon is different. I was eating soft foods by the 8th day of surgery and solids by day 28. I am only 5 weeks out and I eat ribs, chicken, ham, beef, pepperoni etc. Nothing super hard though. They are not kidding when they say your mileage may vary.  I have noticed that every surgeon requires a different time period for diet changes. So weird. 

Sorry, you are feeling so bad. I hope your stomach settles soon. I remember how it feels. 

SW-340, CW-164, GW-150, 14 pounds to go...

meq815
on 5/27/13 11:34 pm - PA

Yes, I have found that interesting, too.  Technically, I'm still on puree, to advance to soft this week.  I see what other people on these boards are eating that are the same time post op as me. 

I have my one month follow up today with NUT, so maybe (hopefully) I will come away more enlightened.

Valerie G.
on 5/28/13 3:26 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Frozen dinners are SO over-processed, it's hard to tell what affected you.  Try cooking real food for yourself so you can identify culprits better.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

2renee
on 5/28/13 5:30 am - Ottawa, Canada
DS on 08/28/12

It took me a good 3 months for my tummy to like chicken again in any form.  Be patient.  Wait a week or two and try regular chicken again and see if you do any better.   It will come.

Renee

meq815
on 5/28/13 10:52 pm - PA

Yes, I lulled myself to sleep last night, mulling over foods I will be cooking at home....soft chicken, meat patties, tilapia...I can't wait!  It will not be financially reasonable to be going out to eat as much, which had become our norm before my DS.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 332 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 796 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 268 views