Stuffed

meq815
on 7/11/13 9:37 am - PA

I had my first (and hopefully last) pig-out last night.  I am 9 weeks post op.  I work a late shift, and after a long day at work, got home about 9:30pm.  I had brought home a baked potato that I was too stuffed to eat at dinner time, after I had had some flank steak.  I heated up half the potato, and generously applied the butter and sour cream.  It was delicious.  I shoulda stopped there, and I woulda been good.  Instead, I had about a cup of pistachios and half of a soft pretzel.  I think I just kept eating because it kept going down.  I haven't eaten that much at once in a loooonnnngggggg time.  Naturally, I was up all night with reflux and nausea.  I slept terribly.  Still felt stuffed and unsettled this morning.  I had a previously scheduled lunch date with a dear friend I haven't seen in almost a year, so I didn't want to cancel.  We went Mexican, and I was able to eat the shrimp in cheese sauce, and 3 chips w/salsa.  That's all I've had today.  I'm hoping to get in a Greek yogurt a little later.  I just feel bblehhhhhh all day!

I guess once a (carb) addict, always a (carb) addict.  Lesson learned!

NoreenRT
on 7/11/13 10:17 am - Warner Robins, GA

*like*

Noreen  HW 352 / SW 324 / CW 175/ LW/ 148 / GW 150   (achieved Aug 14 '11)

PeteA
on 7/12/13 1:51 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

Always is a long time. But 9 weeks is too soon to expect miracles. As the saying goes
sh** happens. As it happens that may also fix your problems. Feel better soon. 

meq815
on 7/12/13 2:19 am - PA

Thx, Pete!  I feel much better today!  And I always expect miracles.  Honestly, I just wasn't thinking....

staci0769
on 7/12/13 8:15 am - NE

dont worry whats done is done. tomorrow is a new day. at least you realized what you did and you paid the consequences. so now you know for next time. i am 13 weeks out and cant eat a lot. although i do eat every 2 to 3 hours. you will be fine!!! 

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 333 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 799 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 268 views