want ds not sleeve?

MSSEXXC74
on 8/12/13 4:00 pm

In 2000 I had a distal RNY and Now having a sleeve. I dont think a sleeve is what i need. I am approved for the sleeve what points should i bring up to the dr?

MSSEXXC

MajorMom
on 8/12/13 9:23 pm - VA

I hope you are seeing a DS surgeon such as Dr Keshisian in CA. I think I'd want to have the limb lengths of the distal bypass double checked and perhaps adjusted. I also thought that the norm for early distal RNYs was to remove the remnant stomach. If that's true in your case, there wouldn't be a way to give you a sleeve. Wishing you good luck. If you want to research the DS and trusted DS surgeons, please read www.dsfacts.com.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

MSSEXXC74
on 8/13/13 10:18 am

They didn't remove any stomach they just bypassed as much as you can of the intestines.

MSSEXXC

~~Sami~~ *.
on 8/13/13 10:08 am - Jacksonville, FL

I'm assuming they're not taking down your RNY... just converting your pouch to a sleeve.  Depending on what the issues are with your need for a revision, it may work for you.  If you want a "true" RNY to DS, then you need to see a doctor that can do that.  There aren't that many out there, but DSFacts.com can get you started in the right direction.   

Lap-Band June 14, 2001. Dr. Rumbaut, Monterrey, Mexico.
Lap-Band removed after 7 years and converted to Sleeve Gastrectomy on July 7, 2008 by Dr. Roslin.  I've had three happy healthy Lap-Band babies.... and one VSG baby.  5 years out from revision to VSG.  Gained 55 pounds in past 5 months, now considering DS. :(

MSSEXXC74
on 8/13/13 10:20 am

My understanding is he plans on taking down the intestines.  I am not happy about that at all.  Thanks I am going to go to that web site!!!

MSSEXXC

Valerie G.
on 8/17/13 11:28 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

I'm looking at this as a step sideways, and maybe backwards than forwards, going from ERNY to sleeve.  I suggest seeking a second opinion from a doc who does sleeve as well as DS revisions.  You want someone who has a complete understanding of both.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

MSSEXXC74
on 8/17/13 11:57 am
Yea i already have 2 appointments with other dr. Not only am I not getting a sleeve I'm not using hI'm. Dr kesisian in CA and one here. Dr k is supposed to B number 1 in the world and he is in network I have 0 copay. So if I can have the best or one of the best in the world for a 4000 program fee. Its on!. I totally believe it would be a step backwards because my pouch now is smaller than the sleeve. Plus he would take away my malabsorption. NO THANKS IN GOOD. lol I know i probably butchered dr k. Name please forgive me.....
Valerie G.
on 8/18/13 2:34 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

It's more a bash on the CA surgeon community than Dr. K for the program fee.  I've seen these "fees" running rampant across CA practices and they are not covered by insurance, not part of a copay and dont count towards your deductible either.  IMHO, they are an effort to make some extra money that they negotiated themselves out of from the insurance companies.

Valerie
DS 2005

MSSEXXC74
on 8/18/13 2:38 am
I'm sorry but I'm confused as to what your first sentence means? It morea. Bash on Dr. K.
Valerie G.
on 8/18/13 2:44 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

The way I read your previous message was that you were afraid of bashing Dr.K for the program fee.  It's a disappointing normal practice in CA, so anyone seeking wls in CA will see the same thing at several offices.

Valerie
DS 2005

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 682 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1005 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 338 views