Is it just a stall or is the hineymoon over?

2renee
on 8/14/13 1:27 am - Ottawa, Canada
DS on 08/28/12

I will be 1 year post op on August 28.  Starting weight of 345 - lowest weight 199.6 for about a minute and now back to 204.6 over the last week.

My monthly weight loss has been as follows  24.8 / 18.8 / 14.2 / 13.6 / 13 / 9.4 / 10.6 / 9.4 / 10.6 / 9.6 / 7.4 / 3.4 / 4.2 / 10 / 1.6.   I have been really happy with my progress but the last few months I have really seen it go up and down quite a bit.  Is this usual?  Is it the beginning of the end of the honeymoon period?   I still have about 40 pounds to go to get to a "normal" BMI.

I have been pondering something over the last couple of days...as much as I have dreamed of being in the 100's I had a funny reaction to seeing it on the scale - it really freaked me out.  I got scared but not sure of what.  A bit of a sense of "Now What? "   I wonder if I've been purposely but unconsciously slowing my weight loss to give my head time to adjust.   Is it even possible to do that?  Uhm.  Is this ringing a bell with any of the vets?

Not depressed about it or anything, just trying to figure out what this is and how to move past it.

2renee
on 8/14/13 1:28 am - Ottawa, Canada
DS on 08/28/12

LOL - Just saw the hineymoon in the title and it's even more funny...

meq815
on 8/14/13 11:53 pm - PA

LOL....I thought it was a joke I wasn't in on.....

fullhousemom
on 8/14/13 3:47 am
I think you will continue to lose for up to another year, but slowly. I thought I was done at about 170. A couple months later, I was down again. A couple months later, down again. I am now at 135 and holding. It will be slower...so slow you might miss it....but it will happen.

Making sure you recheck your carb intake always helps.
meq815
on 8/14/13 11:55 pm - PA

The psych part is....well, crazy!  How do you think we got to where we were in the first place?

PeteA
on 8/15/13 4:53 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

You might try posting bites and vites for a while. You have been at it a long time and might need
a second  (or twenty :)) pair(s) of eyes to check it out. If you are going through a little self sabotage it will show in
your menu.

It may be nothing like that. You have done great. Your body might just need some time to adjust. A
normal stall in other words.

Good luck and congratulations on how well you have done.

HW 552 CW 198 SW 464 4/15/13 - Lap DS by Dr. Philip Schauer - Cleveland Clinic.

D. Switcher
on 8/15/13 12:02 pm

This is unusual and should be discussed with your surgeon, GP and nutritionist....

SharonG
on 8/17/13 12:51 am, edited 8/17/13 12:52 am - Arlington, VA

Hineymoon?  LOL :-)  

Seriously, if you are doing all the right stuff (high protein, low carb, getting in your fluids and vitamins and staying active) and the trend is still down, I would not worry about it.  Only you know how you are doing with your eating.  Your body could be in 'pause' mode as you have had some amazing weight loss months.  But, I also think it is a good idea to be aware of your behavior to make sure you are not sabotaging yourself.  

Best wishes and hang in there.  

Sharon G.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 530 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 929 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 2 replies · 308 views