Protein water

Linda K.
on 8/17/13 1:22 pm - Omaha, NE

I am looking for a good protein water.  I can't handle protein powder ( I swear I have tried them all) but I was told the water doesn't have that "protein" taste.  Any idea where I can buy this water in Omaha, Ne?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I am also open to anyone who may be able to tell me about a protein powder that actually may taste good.   I am getting ready to have surgery in October or November and am trying to get ready.

Corbin Y.
on 8/17/13 2:16 pm - New York, NY
DS on 03/26/13

Look up Spartos Protein Water on amazon.com.  They are flavored, but reviews are good. They are sweetened with Sweetleaf, which is the only all natural sweetener (I am sensitive to artificial sweeteners after surgery).  I am excited because after looking them up based on your post, I realize I can drink them, so I am ordering some.  They are not cheap - 3 bucks a bottle, and only 10 grams of protein.

Amy, Daredevil
Extraordinaire

on 8/17/13 3:39 pm, edited 8/17/13 3:40 pm - Los Angeles, CA
DS on 08/06/13

Syntrax Nectar Vanilla Bean Torte is awesome. I love the taste! It has no sugar/carbs/fat with 23 grams of protein per scoop. 

BTW, do you use a blender to mix your protein shakes? I put a couple of ice cubes, 6 ounces of lactose-free milk and one scoop of the powder in my single-serve blender and they turn out yummy!

*DS with Dr. Ara Keshishian on 08/06/13* SW: 231 CW: 131 GW: 119 * Check out My YouTube Channel: AmysDSJourney *

Valerie G.
on 8/18/13 2:01 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

It's the whey that gives the aftertaste.  Have you tried egg protein?  Jay Robb has an egg white protein that is pretty good, and I'm a total hater of protein drinks, too.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

meq815
on 8/18/13 2:48 am - PA

I absolutely cannot tolerate the whey protein.  Can't even get it past my lips.  I use EAS soy protein powder.

ladybug513
on 8/18/13 9:59 am - NY

Isopure water is pretty good.  I'm not a fan of protein powders either.  However, I've just tried Syntax Nectar Unflavored protein powder and it mixes very well in coffee and I do not notice an aftertaste.

First goal 120.0: 12/7/13  Final goal 115.0 (114.6):  2/6/14  

5'3  SW: 199 (12/11/11)  Current: 114.8 pounds  18% body fat   BMI: 20.3           

Linda K.
on 8/18/13 10:26 am - Omaha, NE

Thanks to everyone *****plied.  I went and tried the osopure (spelling may be wrong) water .  I found it at my local Hy-Vee.  I really liked it.  I have resolved to be better prepared than the last time I had surgery.   Again, thanks for the hints.  I have another question-for others who are wondering- a favorite protein bar?

sp68108
on 5/24/14 12:27 pm
sp68108
on 5/24/14 12:30 pm

Which HyvEe did yiu find it.

Scarlette B.
on 5/24/14 1:22 pm - TX
RNY on 03/20/14

I became milk intolerant after surgery so no isopure for me.  Nectar grape, fuzzy naval , grapefruit and lemonade saved me last month when I got the samples from my bariatric pantry.  They are reAlly good and they don't upset my stomach.   Good luck :)

LilySlim Weight loss tickers  

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 695 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1011 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 339 views