panniculectomy issues

heidig71
on 1/15/14 6:04 pm - IN

i had a panniculectomy almost 3 years ago and have been in constant pain and have had abdominal muscle spasms ever since. my surgeon did not have me wear a binder after surgery. is it possible that i did not heal properly due to not wearing a binder? i had planned on going back into nursing after my plastic surgery but due to the pain and the amount of pain medicine and muscle relaxers i am on i have been unable to do so. i have seen numerous drs since the panniculectomy and none of them have been able to help me. would it be wise to possibly see a lawyer about a malpractice case?

MickeyDee
on 1/16/14 4:39 pm

Not an expert here, but could you have adhesions from the surgery?  My friend suffered massive pain and when they finally did an exploratory surgery they found all kinds of little places where the body had healed in the wrong places, sticking itself together in ways that were triggering pain when she moved.

Could you find out if they would do that rather than go the lawyer route?

heidig71
on 1/22/14 4:45 pm - IN

they already went in and removed a crap load of scar tissue, i actualyl lost 1 ovary and my uterus because of the scar tissue.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 436 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 885 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 2 replies · 298 views