DS Vets: Your Current Vitamin Schedule

ashleynicole86
on 1/31/14 9:29 am - SC

Hey fellow vets! I'm just curious what your current vitamin schedule is during your DS maintenance period? How long since you've had your surgery and what have been your biggest challenges with your labs?

MajorMom
on 1/31/14 6:52 pm - VA

I follow Vitalady's recommended plan but make adjustments according to my labs and dexa scan. Link: http://www.gblcreations.com/Resources/Gina/ProgramDRNY_ERNY_ BPDDS3-2010.pdf

According to my current labs, Vitalady's guidance, and my dietitian's watchful eye; I've added potassium 900mg a day, boron - 1 with every calcium dose, mag citrate - 1 with every calcium dose, calcium is 6 doses of 600 mg each, vitamin B1 every other day but no B-complex, 600 mcg of vitamin K2 (MK-7), Vitamin A only once a month, Tender iron 120 mg, 2 tablets of Proferrn ES, reduced the vitamin E to one a day, reduced the multi to one a day but I may start taking 2 again, and I take milk thistle for liver function. I think that's all the tweaks. I'm 6 1/2 years post-op.

--g  

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

ashleynicole86
on 2/3/14 7:47 am - SC

I'm hoping to get K2 worked into my schedule soon! Thanks for sharing!

Valerie G.
on 2/1/14 1:05 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Mine has been fairly steady over the years:

I start first thing in the morning with 2 tender iron and C

When I get to work, I have a double-dose of multi, with a B complex and selenium

Before lunch I take a few calcium with some A, D and K

Mid-afternoon I take a few more calcium with E

In the evening I have some zinc and copper.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

ashleynicole86
on 2/3/14 7:48 am - SC

Thanks for sharing! Seems like you don't have too many pills to take. I think I can make some tweaks because some of my levels have been pretty high.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 337 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 801 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 268 views