juicing cleanse

sjluvsu44
on 3/14/14 10:33 pm - Grand Rapids, MI
DS on 03/06/14

A bunch of my friends want to do a juicing cleanse as teams, as a competition to see which team can loose the most weight percent. I was wondering if I would be able to with the DS to partake. There are plenty of nutrition in the juice, I'm just worried about needing to consume fats. 

SHFT_2
on 3/14/14 10:36 pm - Grand Rapids, MI

Most juices are pure carbs. I'd pass on it. You need to focus on water and protein. Especially being fresh out you should focus on your new DS way of living. If you are not being public about having surgery you could always put crystal light in water and make it seem like you are drinking juice.

DS completed on 7/29/13

HW 379 SW 354  CW 190

Down 189 pounds

MajorMom
on 3/14/14 11:02 pm - VA

No more gimmicks for you.  ;)

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Irishnurse
on 3/15/14 12:17 am
DS on 04/17/13

Don't do it, sweetie pie! Stick to the normal out of surgery diet!

SW-340, CW-164, GW-150, 14 pounds to go...

PeteA
on 3/15/14 1:33 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

Too early for that. It sounds more like you just want to participate with the group as opposed to thinking you really need it but you need to let your body settle down and heal before you take any side trips like that. I think you are already more "cleansed" than any juicing regimen would ever get you.   

I would be concerned about protein and fat doing something like that.

trumanorme
on 3/15/14 1:48 am - KS

I would say do it, IF you want to throw up and feel like major crap for a few days. Common sense!

sjluvsu44
on 3/15/14 1:33 pm - Grand Rapids, MI
DS on 03/06/14

I was more afraid of the fat. They want to start May 1st and I remember seeing something about protein powder. I will talk with my NUT on monday at my appt. If all else fails I will just be the one to do their measurments and keep them secret til june

PattyL
on 3/15/14 7:35 am

Juicing is a fad.  Most of what's good in fruit gets thrown away when you juice.  The whole fruit is better for you than any juice any time.  Most of what's left in juice is pure sugar, the one thing you don't need.  Plus it has next to NO protein!

jashley
on 3/15/14 10:49 am
DS on 12/19/12

You would have a lot of gas and stomach upset from the sugar, and it will give you major diarrhea since you would not be eating any solid foods. 

You run the risk of crapping your pants in public doing something like this.  Yesterday I ate 1 cup of cole slaw, and a cup of Ceaser salad.  Messed myself twice today.  I can't leave my house...  I just have to let it run it's course because if I start popping calcium or iron to stop the runs, I will be constipated by tomorrow.  All this agony over 2 cups of veggies.  Can you imagine what you would have from drinking nothing but sugary juice?

The bathroom thing is a delicate balancing act with the DS.

Valerie G.
on 3/17/14 7:52 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

My money is on the Caesar salad.  Those bag kits at the grocery store have me running to the toilet all night.  The Outback's caesar  is okay, though.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 440 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 885 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 2 replies · 298 views