Excessive pooping

nativenewyorker64
on 5/27/14 4:50 am - UT

I'm one year out and haven't had any significant problems. I used to poop once in the morning and be done for the day. Slowly but surely I started pooping more and more. Wednesday I had really bad diarrhea and pooped about 10 to 12 times. This went on till Sunday. Yesterday I decided I better go to the ER and get checked out. They checked me for c-diff and it was negative. All my electrolytes were good, but my poop had began to turn the corner yesterday. Part of the problem is I wait up in the early a.m. to poop. sometimes its 1a.m., 3 a.m., 5a.m. etc. So it interrupts my sleep. This morning it was 5 a.m. I have already pooped 4 x today. The doctor put me on an elimination diet and it seems to be helping some but I want to quit pooping so much. Oh, I also lost 5 pounds since Wednesday. I am now 122.6. I can't afford to lose much more weight. Any suggestions to stop the pooping. I'm taking probiotics 3 x a day now. No carbs, no dairy, no fruit, only meat and veggies. Sorry about the subject. 

Valerie G.
on 5/27/14 6:55 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

My money is on one of those veggies and/or seasonings

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

nativenewyorker64
on 5/27/14 6:57 am - UT

On the elimination diet I'm not using any seasoning except for salt, pepper, garlic power, etc. 

Valerie G.
on 5/27/14 7:01 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Onions, leeks,  terriyaki?  These were big surprises for me, and I only eliminated onions 6 months ago.  The difference is amazing!

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

nativenewyorker64
on 5/27/14 8:03 am - UT

Maybe I should find out what I can eat. I pretty much can't tolerate anything. I'm feeling a little discouraged. I love being thin, but I can only eat meat and salad with no dressing, green beans and a few other veggies.

J G.
on 5/27/14 2:42 pm

The salad would do it to me.  I can only eat a little bit of romaine lettuce.  Also I found a big difference in tomatoes.  The regular red ones don't work at all for me but I can eat some of the yellow low acid kind (peeled.)  Like you, green beans are ok for me and some zuchinni.  Hope you get it figured out soon

ladydi1970
on 5/27/14 10:54 am - GA

I don't have any words of widsom hon...only my hand to hold.  I do understand your frustration.  You feel like there is so much you aren't eating already!!  And having to get up 3-4 times a night to go potty...is a pain in the.....errrrrrrrrrr ahhhhhhhhhhhhh....ya know.

please let us know if you figure out what's going on.

Good luck!

Diana   DS Revision from '99 RNY 
UHC Denied Jan'09/APPROVED Feb'09 
DS-SW287; CW/190 GW/152

Ladytazz
on 5/27/14 11:27 am

There are other bacteria that could be causing the problem.  I am putting my money on bacterial overgrowth.  Sometimes it just gets out of hand.  Would your doctor give you a prescription for Flagyl?  If you take it and it solves the problem then you know the problem.  Keep up with the probiotics, although I am not sure they would be of much use while on Flagyl, but you may need a different kind to keep the bad bacteria away.  When I had that problem it seems that it got worse with the Flagyl at first before it got better.

If it doesn't solve the problem at least you have one more thing you can cross off the list.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

nativenewyorker64
on 5/27/14 12:21 pm - UT

I took flagyl once for only 2 days because it gave me horrible diarrhea. It did help. I go see the nutritionist tomorrow so I'll see what she suggests. By the way, how tall are you? You weigh very little.

Ladytazz
on 5/27/14 12:38 pm

That's what happened to me as well.  The first few days were pretty bad and by the end of the week things were so much better.  If it is bacterial overgrowth then the Flagyl should clear it up and the probiotics should keep it from coming back.  I had chronic bacterial overgrowth and nothing kept it from coming back unfortunately.

I am about 5'3" so not too tall.  I did lose more then I wanted initially and I've put about 10 lbs back on from my lowest.  I still wouldn't mind another 10 lbs but I haven't gotten any more negative feedback in a long time since things starting redistributing and I feel great so I'm not worried about it.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 333 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 799 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 268 views